Mob AU『 Patched up 』

Requested by Chara_Unknown

Word count: 562

- - - - -

Mob hurried down the hall to Y/n's room, his expression didn't show it but he was worried.

They where very fragile, in the physical sense. Their body was made of porcelain which could dent or break easily.

Poppy had been given the task to watch over them when he wasn't around. She was a capable nurse and had experience patching up the family members.

But his precious family member had shut themselves in, in his absence, not allowing anyone inside their room.

A territorial dispute with another criminal gang had occupied his attention, he had been absent for a week to deal with the issue personally.

When he got back the others informed him about the situation.

Y/n laid twisted on their bed, knees drawn close to their chest, their face pressed into a pillow.

Mob was careful to approach aware they where still jumpy from how he could pop up out of nowhere.

"I'm sorry for my absent my cariño/monada, please let me take a look at you."

He called out to them, having entered through the balcony outside... better than busting through the locked door.

Their eyes peeked out from over the pillow, they had expected he would be back eventually but they didn't feel prepared yet.

You didn't want to show him your wounds.

There was a long silence.

Mob drew a chair close to the side of the bed. "How are you." He purposely made his voice gentle and soothing.

Y/n stared back into his left eye, it looked at them with with compassion. "Not... not so good. My body keeps on breaking."

They slowly lowered the pillow, to reveal the underside of their face. A good chunk was gone, and around the gap where large cracks.

"My love, are you in any pain. Did you accidentally hurt yourself?"

"I got pushed down the stairs..."

Y/n anwsered hesitantly, refraining from spilling any details. Mob knew they where to kind hearted to tell who did it.

But he wouldn't let this slide.

"Let's get you patched up, I can't hear seeing you hurting like this." He carefully caressed their face, the unbroken part.

"I'm sorry you always have to take care of me. I just couldn't face the others like this, I don't want them to view me as any weaker than I already am." They murmured, with a sad expression.

"You may be fragile but I would never think of you as weak. Once fired up you can read someone to filth, I've seen you make macho adults weep."

"Hey that only happened once or twice, they should't have talked smack about our 'family'. They had it coming!"

Mob grinned as got Y/n worked up, loving the firey look in their eyes.

The yellow puppet did his best patching up the porcelain doll, with the utmost care and devotion.

"See you in the morning~"

Mob wished them good night, gently closing the door behind him. His expression turning dark and sinister as he entered his office, ready to put another crime of passion to action.

He wouldn't let the offense go by unpunished.

Someone had to pay for what they did to his precious family's member. He couldn't wait to get his hands on the perpetrator and coat the floor red.

The color of blood... and love.

- - - - -