Rainbow factory AU『 Favorite annoyance 』

Word count: 733

- - - - -

Being a worker for Mr. Darling or Rainbow as you called him was as tiring as everyone warned it to be. Y/n was forced to work strange hours and do questionable experiments.

So they would always make the most of their breaks, it was the only time they had for themselves.

A experiment that was scheduled in for tonight got canceled due to the test subject being in a unstable state for testing.

Y/n now had two hours of free time for themselves and wouldn't waste this opportunity. After closing the door of their office they quickly cleaned out their work desk.

Only the laptop could stay but screw the work documents. They opened Spotify, putting some banger songs in the waitlist.

Once 'I want it that way' was playing they giddily took out their secret stash of engerydrink and snacks, dumping it on the work desk.

"Tell mE wHyYyy aIn'T notHInG but a HEardAche~"

The factory's boss was planning to check in on the grinder but stopped walking as he faintly heard music coming from one of the hallways.

It was empty in the dimly lit hall, most of the employees had already signed off for the day, only a handful around for the nightshift.

With his left hand he tapped against his leg, contemplating on checking the noise out.

Rainbow just knew the disruption came from Y/n office, his most troublesome worker. Yet they always made him feel so peculiar.

He marched over, nearly ripping the door out of the hinges and he entered, grumpy like usual.

The human was too caught up in their own world to notice the yellow puppet.

They held a brush in their hand as if it where a microphone, singing with a goofy smile on their face.

"You are... mY FiRe, tHe ONE DesIRe~" They passionately sang, as their eyes locked with their boss.

Y/n nearly choked on the gummibear they just stuffed in their mouth, looking at Rainbow with a flabbergasted look.

In the background the music kept playing as they wanted to die of embarrassment.

"It's certainly nice to know you think of me in such high regards. Your desire you say~" Rainbow sarcastically joked, he did find some amusement in the situation.

"N-No maybe you are hot like fire but certainly no desire on mine!" Y/n began to ramble, their face extremely flustered.

"Hm-mm is that so, interesting~" He stepped closer to them, getting dangerously close before his voice got more agitated, pointing at the mess in the room. "Now tell me my dear employee, what the hell is this."

"Having a break, boss..." They anwsered, trying to shield his eyes from the candy mountain on the desk. "Just enjoying myself."

"More like goofing off, you are setting a bad example for the others."

"Hey it's not that bad! It's called having fun once in a while, bet your don't even know what that is like."

Why the hell did you say that?! WHY-

Y/n deadpanned themselves, saying a prayer hoping they wouldn't be put into the grinder for the backtalk.

Rainbows eyes twitched, taking great offense to those words. Though in all fairness it was the truth and he knew it.

"Even if that's true, don't let me hear you say that again."

"If you want you can join me, we can eat snacks and listen to music together."

The offer made him stare back confused, it sounded sincere.

In normal circumstances he would've told them off. While deep inside he felt the urge to join in on this... fun.

"Alright I have some time to spare, you better make this worth my while." He agreed, seating himself in a extra chair.

"Hehe I have so many fun song in my playlist, your gonna love it!" They grinned, glad he wasn't annoyed at them anymore.

"I don't wanna listen to any more of this, it's not even winter!"

"It's a iconic song- Don't be so grumpy."

Rainbow felt his patience crumble as Y/n put on 'All I want for Christmas is you'.

Yet the lyrics made him tense up as they started singing the song, their gaze directed on him. He could feel himself getting lost in their eyes.

This one time he would generously allow this song to be put on, only to make his favorite annoyance happy.

- - - - -