Priest AU 『 Devine light 』

Requested by Y0r11ch1sw1f3y

Thou shall be a angel :D

Word count: 703

- - - - -

Y/n watched from a distance, seeing people go in and out of the church. Everyone looked all so happy and cheerful, but something was off.

There was something evil lurking inside the sacred building.

So you had taken it upon yourself to investigate!

To blend in easier Y/n retracted their wings, taking off their halo and hiding it underneath their human disguise.

They had already been inside a couple of times, trying to get a feel of the place and the visitors. Especially paying attention to the leader of the church who operated here.

Priest had been very kind to give them a tour but was vague with answering important questions for their investigation.

He didn't know about Y/n's identity but that could be changed soon enough.

The angel wasn't able to get the information they searched for. If the yellow puppet knew they where a holy creature he would be easier to convince for assistance.

"Would you mind sparing me a minute~"

"As you wish... where are we heading too?"

The two had been talking underneath the large mighty entrance of the church. Now they where stepping away, nearing a sketchy alleyway.

Y/n smiled mysteriously, continuering to lead them somewhere more desolate. Priest looked a bit concerned but went along anyway.

"I have something to show you, I haven't been completely honest about my identity."

"Whatever it is, I'll place my trust you."

His mind was racing, truthfully he had thought them to be a demon. He found them very alluring and they carried this strange aura, different from anyone else.

... he was going against his lords wishes by interacting with them.

Home didn't want Priest to be tainted by Y/n but he couldn't stop himself from thinking about them.

Y/n checked the area around them, seeing if no one else was around. They whispered a few words in a old forgotten language, creating a protective invisible barrier.

No one else needed to see the transformation, if anyone passed by their eyes would be deceived with a different image.

Priest looked intrigued trying to translate the words, Y/n used his distraction to take out their halo placing it on their head where it floated.

Two large pair or wings sprouted from their back, their eyes starting to take on a golden glow.

"I hope I haven't startled you to much."

"M-My divine light. You are a angel... no wonder I've fallen so hard for you."

Y/n placed a hand on their chest before giving a respectful bow as greeting.

"Indeed I am! Now you know my true form I was hoping you'd- Wait what did you just say?" They suddenly flushed red from hearing that last sentence.

Priest looked captivated, taking a step forward to take their free hand in his own.

"You are the definition of perfection, I never thought I'd be able to stand in your presence." He smiled with adoration, feeling truly blessed.

Who he thought might be a demon turned out to be a angel.

"I'd do anything for you, whether it's prayers or sacrifices I'll arrange it for you." Still holding their hand, he kneeled in front of them.

"Oh! Well I need nothing like that, I simply need you for my research and investigating." They replied, a bit embarrassed.

Priest nodded his head, his eyes darted towards the wings. He could only imagine how soft true feathers must feel.

Y/n noticed and used one wing to wrap itself around him, pulling him closer. It earned them a very shocked gasp from him.

"You can touch the wings, though be careful as my feathers are sensitive."

"My angel I'm honered."

Priest was very careful, softly stroking one of the wings with a amazed expression. He was still processing the fact he got the privilege to interact with a holy being.

Y/n closed their eyes, enjoying the comforting feeling. It had been a while since they experienced such intimacy with any mortal.

They where honestly growing really fond of him.

Maybe you could stay a bit longer on earth even after you've completed your investigation.

- - - - -