Pirate AU『 Elude 』

Requested by Chara_Unknown

Word count: 858

- - - - -

Y/n squinted their eyes at the crowd, when they noticed a bunch of guards in ugly uniforms rushing towards them they didn't think twice.

Making a escape route ready to evade any form responsibility for their latest crime.

"Scoundrel! Ye need to pay for that!"

"It's just a little snack, guys~"

They mockingly bowed towards the guards, before taking a bite of the bread they had taken the liberty of taste tasting.

The men started to chant in union, climbing on a wall to get closer, swinging their swords aggressively.

"Rip them open, take it back, guys!"

"Gotta eat to live, gotta steal to eat. Otherwise we'd get along!"

Y/n reached the top of a building, scanning the area, the sea was close by. There was only one ship at the shore, a ship that looked like was about to leave.

Perfect! You could just sneak on board and get away from this dreadful town.

"Riffraff!" "Street rat!" "Scoundrel!"

Y/n acted deaf towards the insults, jumping from building to building. They slid downs a water pipe, gracefully landing on their feet.

They reacted the shore, quickly fixing their appearance as far as possible before become part of thé masses.

There was a large market here as well so it was fairly busy. In the chaos the human bumped into someone's chest, they faced a yellow puppet.

He quickly placed a hand on their shoulder to prevent them from falling.

"Yo-ho-ho careful there matey!"

"My bad!"

Strangely they found themselves drawn towards him. There was something about him that called out to them.

No! Focus, no time to look into his pretty eyes!

Y/n smacked themselves, hardly. It was certainly weird to witness but it worked getting out of the trance.

Captain blinked confused, he hadn't mean to enchant them but he certainly was surprised how quick they snapped out of it.

Afterall he was partly a siren, he wondered if he was losing his touch.

"Pardon me, I have to take my leave." They excused, before running off.

"Ahoy! Good luck on your journey!" He shouted after them as goodbye before catching up with his crewmates.

"Captain is something the matter, yer looking a bit distracted." Sally commented, grinning amused.

"I know that look! Are you thinking of that person who bumped into you, quite the beauty~" Julie smiled mischievously.

The two girls had catched up with him, carrying a few bags with food they bought from the market.

Captain blushed from the comment. "Lassie please, don't bring that up."

Sally and Julie let out a collective 'OOOHHH' knowing they hit jackpot. "Somebody has a crush!"

"I'm going to ignore you two-"

Meanwhile Y/n had sneaked onto the ship, making themselves comfortable in the storage unit. Quite proud with themselves for shaking off those guards.

You nibbled in the piece of bread from earlier, contently.

"We meet again so soon, matey."

Their eyes widened in panic, realizing they where caught.

Y/n turned around to face Captain who thankfully didn't seem all that upset with the intruder.

"I sensed a unknown presence on my ship, mind telling me why it is you decided to tag along. You couldn't simply ask to get a ride?"

"Your the captain? M-My apologies! I'm currently on the run, I don't want to be seen by anyone."

They lower their defensive stand, slowly sharing bits and pieces about themselves.

"Thank you for trusting me with your story, it doesn't seem like you've had a very easy life."

"It is what is it, I'll just make the best of it aye."

He nodded his head, an idea popping in his mind.

"I'd like to show you something."

"Does it involve meeting your crewmates? I rather stay a secret a bit longer."

Captain smiled, guiding them through a secret passageway in the ship towards his chambers. There where big windows, through it moonlight shined inside illuminating the wooden floorboards.

Y/n stared in awe at the luxury and rich interior, holding themselves back from snatching anything. He opened one of the windows, looking like he was about to jump into the water.

You noticed, giving a worried glance.

"Everyone on this ship including me has different forms. We are creatures of the sea~"

"Shiver me timbers- You're a mermaid!"

He had pulled them closer to himself, showing off a large set of sharp teeth. Instead of legs he now had a large colorful tail, it wrapped itself around them.

"Good guess but I'm actually a siren, I can lure people in with my voice."

"No wonder I felt a felt a strange connection to you... err forget I said that."

Captain grinned, actually charmed by their words. He found them rather adorable, having made up his mind to convince them to stay longer.

Y/n felt like they just got thrown into the spotlight with all the attention they where receiving. They tried to create some distance but he wouldn't let them. 

His tail stayed firmly wrapped around their upper body.

"You could stay here, you wouldn't have to elude from anyone anymore. I'll protect you~"

The siren had made up his mind to convince the human to stay with him. Confident in his abilities... he was known to be quite persuasive when he wanted to be.

- - - - - -