Royalty AU 『 Thief 』

Requested by Beetle-Jesus

OUR SHORT KING REALLY DESERVED A STORY

Word count: 751

- - - - -

Y/n eyed up the garden, searching for the table containing all the food, pastries and appetizers.

They had snuck into the royal garden, currently a tea party was being held. It was at a spacious courtyard, many rose bushes, trees and exotic flowers surrounded the area.

A few leaves tickled their face as they hid in a tree, watching people pass by and overhearing their conversation.

It where mostly inhabitants of high prestige from the hearts kingdom, their outfits screamed out the word wealth.

It shouldn't be a big deal for them if some food went missing.

Stealing was a crime of itself obviously but stealing from the one of the rulers... if they got caught they would be in big trouble.

So you just had to make sure, NOT to get caught.

Y/n stealthily made their way over to the food table, tryling not to drool as the delicacies gave of a sweet aroma.

They choose a couple of things, placing it in a small bag. After stuffing some bonbons in their mouth they  returned to their old hiding spot.

"Hm-mm tasty~ Maybe I should go back for more."

"They they sure know how to make good chocolate, I know."

Y/n's eyes widened as they heared a voice below them, in their panic they dropped their bag with goods.

Royal caught the bag, staring up at them with a look of interest. His eyes twinkled, he want upset with the thievery but rather happy.

He was just so bored earlier... his friends Julie and Frank where called away.

Without them around other royals of his kingdom had tried to approach him for small talk and business. Something he was rather disinterested in at the moment.

Royal was on his way to grab a pastry when he saw Y/n in action, he used magic to conceal his presence.

After seeing them in action he decided to follow the sneaky intruder, thrilled at the prospect of a adventure.

"Now do tell me, why is it you sought to steal instead of publicly taking it?"

He climbed up the tree, sitting on a branch opposite to them. Handing out the bag to them, hoping he could hear their story.

Y/n hesitantly reached out a hand, thinking it was a trap. Maybe he was just acting kind so they lower their guard.

They stole from him... shouldn't he be upset?

They slightly backed away, as far as their branch allowed them too. A fall from this height would not be pretty.

"Unlike you, some people can't afford nice things... nor food. As if I could simply walk up to that table and indulge myself, afterall I'm a mere peasant."

... you didn't mean to sound that salty.

Royal looked upset with the statement, he was aware he got everything handed to him on a silver platter. Most royals definitely lived in a life of luxury not many commoners could afford.

Though he really thought most of his subjects where living well taken care off.

"My apologies for upsetting you, if it will ease your worries I don't intent to tell anyone about this and keep the food." He reassured. "I can get you even more if you like?"

"Why... why would you help me out?" They mumbled, shamefully looking away from him. "I'm a thief, I intruded your property."

The puppet let out a chuckle, giving them a silly smile. The human felt their face heat up, trying ignore the happy tingling feeling they felt.

"I'm glad you did, or else I would've been dreadfully alone."

"Your the future king, I'm sure there be many other royals who loveeee to talk to you."

Y/n wryly remarked, while finally snatching back their bag, stuffing a small strawberry cake into their mouth.

Royal find it cute watching them eat, seeing them light up from it without even noticing it themselves. He wanted to get closer to them.

Though they didn't seem prepared for his approach, out of fight or flight instinct they tried to back away but that made them tumble backwards.

"Aahh!"

"Careful now~"

Royal jumped down, catching Y/n in his arms looking at them with worry and compassion.

He held onto them, maybe a little longer than would be considered necessary. Unaware they where just melting at his touch.

To you his actions and words suddenly seemed so much sweeter than any dessert.

- - - - -