Red AU『 AAAAHH SPIDERS 』

Requested by YASSLEGS

For the life of me I couldn't find back the original request and the reminder.

Ain't gonna lie the lore behind this au is depressing. I'll write another story going deeper into it, and adding Blue!Wally alongside Red!Wally as protagonists.

Angst??

Word count: 1250

- - - - -

In the eerie silence of the abandoned film set of a neighborhood, Y/n's footsteps echoed through the desolate streets. As they approached one of the dilapidated houses, whispers of rumors lingered in the air. Bravely they decided to explore around the mysterious, empty residences.

There wheren't here without reason.

There was talk about this new show Welcome Home on television but strangely the episodes reminded them of something they've seen before...

Yet different.

Same show, same looking puppets, same neighborhood, same behavior.

But different.

They where sure the main star used to have a red color pallet, and the pompadour hairstyle was almost heart shaped.

They remembered feeling very fondly about him, about Wally Darling.

The human quickly pushed that thought away before they got too distracted by thinking about the puppet.

"Stop crushing on fictional characters. Focus." They scolded themselves, hitting their head on a nearby wall for good measurement.

"These buildings really look rundown, they really lost their vibrancy." They mumbled solemnly, looking at the remains.

While walking around, they occasionally took pictures of the current state of the abandoned film set as proof and evidence.

They had actually emailed the Welcome Home show, asking about the old episodes. But it seemed it was almost like they wanted to keep it a secret buried forever.

They never got a response back after the first few messages, radio silence.

But after the twentieth time (you where persistently annoying, not able to let go of this topic) they send one letter back.

|| We kindly advice you to stop prying into this matter. There was no show before this one, we insist you move on. Or our team will have to undertake legal action.

Our deepest apologies for any confusion on our behalf, have a plushie of our rising star Wally Darling.

Signed by, Welcome Home

Date February 21 ||

The letter felt like a threat.

And the additional 'gift' was only a reminder of how much change Wally Darling went through. This wasn't the same one they knew.

Y/n didn't buy the words, knowing damn well they had watched a show before with the exact same concept and characters.

Was it a copyright issue or something much worse...