Mafia AU『 New target 』

Requested by Snake1616

ANGST??

Word count: 1040

- - - - -

Y/n lived in a rough neighborhood, it was a bit rundown with many empty buildings and factories. There was nothing of property value to seek here and most residents in this area kept to themselves.

There had been a influx of crime, criminal groups used the abandoned buildings here as meeting points for deals or other shady businesses.

Sucks to say that there was a new mafia group that decided to take residence here.

And it was clear they wheren't here temporarily.

Not only that but they had the audacity to implement a protection fee. Protection from who you might ask. From them.

To not end up as their newest victim all residents where expected to pay a sum of money and keep quiet to the police.

"Hey, neighbor." Mafia smirked, looking rather smug.

He was leaning on his fancy ass car like a baddie with a cigarette in his hand as he saw one of the more memorable residents walk by.

Unable to miss them as they wore a bright red target employee shirt. Their posture slumbed down and clothes disheveled.

He'd only met them two times and briefly.

The first time was at his grand introduction when he let his henchmen round up all the residents here to make his presence know and the changes he would implement.

His gaze had fallen onto them but he hadn't paid them to much mind.

The second time was when he was going by every door collecting the first 'protection fee'. He could let his henchmen do that for him but he'd like to do it the very first time to see what kind of people he was exactly dealing with on his new claimed property.

The look of utter repulsion he got send his way when they opened the door wasn't one he could forget easily.

And then they slammed the door shut on him, only to open it again after a few seconds to aggressively hand him the owed money.

Yeah he was sure to remember that face now.

Y/n tried to ignore the giant sewer RAT in his rainbow straps on the road as they continued walking to their home. They already had a terrible day as it was at work and they didn't need to see or hear him.

Not after he practically forced them to work over time and deal with more Karens to be able to pay for his stupid protection fees aside from rent.

He didn't even need the extra money, clearly he was rich enough judging by his clothes, car and cologne.

"You're looking tired, exhausted even. Rough day?"

"It's none of your business."

The reply was blunt and cold

He shifted positions as he sat on the hood of his car, his eyes narrowing down on them. Judging the lack of respect in their tone, even as he been charming enough to start a friendy conversation.

His voice called out to them once again this time more tauntingly. "I think in your industry they require employees to be compliant and to smile. I'm not seeing any of that from you."

Their face crunched up in a look of agitation, a scowl starting to show. "Like I ever smile for you."

And with those last words they continued on walking.

And bro... he took that as challenge. 💀💀

"Seems like someone is forgetting their place."

Their outstretched hand was just about to turn the key in the lock of the front door.

It was a little too late when Y/n felt the outer end of a gun pressed up against their neck. Effectively making them freeze up as Mafia was now right behind them with a harsher look in his eyes.

"No big words now. I truly advice you to change that snarky tone in your voice when speaking to your superior."

He slowly dragged the gun against their neck, making the warning clear.

"Listen here. You do not want to make me your enemy. Now neighbor, won't you smile for me~"

His expression has turned more playfull at that last sentence... almost flirtatious. Keyword almost. His good looks couldn't cover up that arrogance.

He clearly looked down on them and took joy in their suffering.

Y/n moved their hand in a fist clenching it tightly out of anger, frustrated by the helpless situation. They hated being forced in a situation like this. Forced to submit.

Call it stupid pride but they vowed to not give this invasive jerk the satisfaction of their humiliation.

Nah-ah.

In one swift motion, the human threw their head backwards making it collide with the puppets chin forcing him to take a step back.

Y/n used the distraction to dash forward and push their front door open before slamming it shut.

Mafia hadn't foreseen any more resistance and that had been his mistake. His smug expression was now one of calculated rage.

"It's clear you need a good reminder of why I am in charge here. And why you do not upset a mafia leader, you silly silly target employee. Your my target now."

"Go make someone else's life miserable!"

They yell back through the closed door as they grab a weapon from the kitchen to attack him with if needed.

Just as he kicked down the door with his full body weight (ngl his strength ain't no joke), they pulled the door open making him stumble inside before hitting him with the biggest frying pan.

Y/n got a nice *whack* on Mafia's head, making him stumble backwards, and making his nose bleed.

"O-ow... You little..." He muttered, putting his finger to the blood. "Your quite feisty, you have spunk. But you are gonna regret that."

"I despise criminals or mobsters who think they can stroll into any neighborhood and harras anyone they like just cause they feel like it." They hiss back. "Stay the hell away from me."

They give him another last powerful wack, before stepping past him and running off.

Once he would wake up from his unfortunate slumber he would be out for revenge.

Clearly it was time for a new identity.

At least this mf won't turn you into a cyclops.

- - - - -