Butcher AU『 Shop assistant PART TWO 』

Requested by @endo_the_nightmare

So this will be a continuation of an earlier oneshot

ANGST??

Word count: 968

- - - - -

One moment there was a clash and a all consuming pain in their neck and now it was over.

Y/n had been murdered by Butcher after finding out his secret, the slaughtered inhabitants.

They wheren't gone from the world, turned into a ghost by whatever unknown power. Now planning to haunt the one responsible for their predicament.

It was strange seeing their body dead, chopped up in pieces in a fridge in the back storage.

Y/n could now walk through the walls and float, their body was transparent. Upon first waking up in this new form they almost hyperventilated.

It felt unreal. This wasn't supposed to happen.

Your dumbass had gotten yourself killed.

Y/n was pacing around in the storage room, trying to see what they could and couldn't do. Sadly there was no handbook with intructions for being a ghost.

They tried to levitate or move objects but that didn't work out.

The former employee stepped through the walls, trying to see where shop owner went.

Butcher was in his private kitchen, doing the dishes. His bloodstained gloves where close to the sink.

He stopped in his movements as he felt a presence, he couldn't detect footsteps or breathing and his hearing was normally exceptionally well.

While staring around suspiciously, a butcher knife appeared in his hands, he twirled it around loosely.

"God I wish I had my physical body to land a punch on you."

"... it's you?"

Butcher called out confused as he saw them, at least a see through version of them. Y/n and him both look at eachother unsure.

"Wait you can still see and and hear me... I thought I was invisible ..."

"I can see you, this is quite the odd happening."

He creeped closer, using his knife to cut through them to test something out. They instinctively raised their arms but the blade simply slashed air and went through them.

"Oh~ You are here but also not, not physically."

"Cut it out you psycho!"

Y/n lowered their arms realizing there was no need to be scared anymore, they couldn't get hurt anymore.

"Hmm speaking of cutting I thought I cut you up into nice savory pieces, and now your here. Back to me, how delightful."

"You killed me, you killed those other people..."

Butchers smile dropped, he almost looked remorseful, almost, barely. He seemed to recall what happened yesterday.

"You would've told others about my lill secret, I couldn't have that. It's you who broke the rules by going in the back storage."

"I only wanted to do my job well, I only intended to help out and see where that got me."

The human ghost crossed their arms, hey didn't even realize they where starting to float. The yellow puppet watched in fascinating.

"Such a hardworking shop assistant, don't worry I made good use of your body, I'm making sure to preserve the parts longer than the others."

"You are sick and twisted, and I will find a way to stop you and this business!"

Butcher chuckled, find their expression funny, the way they frowned at him. He put away his knife, using one free hand to go through their body.

"And how are you planning to do that, your not exactly in a position to do anything. Hehe~"

"If you can see me, the other people can as well, I'll warn them of your repulsive crimes."

His expression darkened, he knew this could be troublesome for him. And in the moment he heard the bell ring at the front of the shop, indicating there was a customer.

The two of them both headed towards it.

Even if Y/n could fly through walls Butcher was inhumanly fast, arriving first.

They could hear him try to usher the new person away.

"Hey buddy! I know we haven't seen eachother in a while but I figured I would catch up with you."

"Oh pall it's you... right now is not a good time, I have a bit of a pesky rat on my hands."

Tf how dare he refer to you as a rat-

Y/n recognized Barnaby and tried to warn him, Butcher tensed up as they entered the conversation

But his smile quickly returned, as maniacal as ever.

"Ha...ha... HAHAHA oh this is great! Just perfect~"

"Ehh buddy are you alright?"

Barnaby asked concerned, finding the laughter very uncomfortable, he hadn't even attempted a pun yet.

Y/n felt dreadful as they realized he couldn't hear or see them, they tried to get his attention, warn him but it was futile.

"Barns would you mind returning at another time, you get something on the house, my pesky rat needs a reminder of the reality of their situation."

"A-Alright buddy..."

Soon it was just you and him alone again...

Butcher wiped a away a fake tear before slamming his hand down on the counter, he was amused, sadisticly so.

"It seems your plan to ruin me is foiled, how lucky I'm the only one who can see that fearful expression on your face."

"I don't understand... why the hell can only YOU see me?! This is utterly ridiculous!" Y/n said in frustration sounding like Chloe from mlb.

The shop owner hadn't laughed like this in ages, he couldn't take his eyes of his former employee.

His heart started to beat faster, it was similar to the thrilling feeling he got as he hunted on his prey.

Might be this love 🤪🤪 / J

"You've might have stolen my heart away. Luckily, I've got another three or four in the freezer~"

"You are repulsive vermin-"

Y/n visibly cringed as Butcher started to lean further onto his counter, using a god awful pick up line.

You did not deserve this fate...

- - - - -