Killer AU 『 Regrets 』

Requested by Manymayknowme

ANGST AGAIN

Word count: 836

- - - - -

Killer was slumped over on the remains of Home, staring at the ground motionless. He had even burned down his own house.

A part of him was glad he couldn't get to everyone when he lashed out, seeing nothing but red before his eyes.

A few neighbors managed to escape the fate of death, now hiding somewhere in the woods. Probably figuring out a way to escape.

He had ruined it, their lives and his own.

He did substain injuries, unconsciously he touched the left side of his face. It had been ripped apart, it's stuffing falling out.

It didn't hurt as much as the gut wrenching feeling in his heart. The feeling of sorrow and regret where getting stronger.

Killer curled up in a ball hugging his knees to his chest, trying to hold back tears.

No. one. would. forgive. him.

Y/n was helping Sally build a make shift stretcher.

Howdy was passed out due blood loss, he had really put up a fight holding back Killer so the others had more time to run away.

He needed to be carried to a safer spot but he was quite heavy and no one could carry him on his back.

"Alright! I think this is study enough to hold him."

"Good work partner!"

On instinct the duo high fived eachother, happy that they managed to make something like this with the random materials they scraped together.

Though immediately shared worried glances, looking in Frank's direction. It was to soon to cheer...

"You don't have to give that look of pity, let just get a move on." He sighted, acting annoyed but it was clear he was still coping with his loss.

He had lost both the love of his life and his best friend.

The small group of survivors continued walking further into the woods, finding a small abandoned cottage.

The inside was coated in dust and spiderwebs, it wasn't the best place but it had to do for now.

There where two beds, Howdy was placed in one and the others placed rock paper scissor to decide who got the other bed first.

Sally won, dropping down on the bed tiredly. Frank went outside to stay on the look-out for any danger.

For a while the human stood by caterpillar, admiring for his bravery to protect them. They turned to the sunny figure, appreciating her attempt to cheer everyone up and stay positive.

They quickly gave the both of them a hug knowing this might be the last time they see them.

Y/n walked up to Frank, knowing they had to lie to him or he wouldn't let them go.

"I'm going to find food, I know about a appletree not to far away."

"Please be careful, that manic might still be looking for us."

The human gave the grey puppet a weak smile, patting his shoulder. Knowing how hard everything must be for him.

Once they where out of sight they started making their way back to the destroyed neighborhood.

You knew it was wrong to do this, so very very wrong.

Despite everything Y/n still worried for Killer, even when seeing first hand what he did.

They knew he wouldn't kill without a reason, there where no excuses for it but there must be more behind it.

Y/n cautiously approached the open area, feeling more and more vulnerable. Their eyes locked onto a slumbed down figure.

Their heart broke a bit seeing him like that, they kneeled down in front of him trying to see if he was able to communicate.

Killer began to shake upon seeing them, tears rapidly streaming down his face. He could only imagine how much they feared him now.

His breath hitched as a hand placed itself against the open gash on his face.

"That's quite the awful wound you have, I better get it patched up."

"W-Why would you help me..."

Y/n uses a finger to gently move some of his loose hair out of the way to get a better look at the ripped opening on his face.

Killer could only stare at them in confusion, he didn't understand why would get any type of care. He wasn't exactly deserving of it.

"Because I'm just that delusional-" They grimaced.

"Oh." He mumbled.

...

...

...

"Because I care, I care so much about you."

"You... you do?"

He looked at them, feeling the slightest feeling of hope.

"I can't describe how terrible your actions where, what you did was unforgivable." They looked at him with a saddened expression. "But I'm not gonna abandon you."

"I promise I'll be better." He started to cling on them. "I'll make it up to you and the others, oh I'm so happy you came back for me!"

They knew there was nothing he could do to make it up the others, the dead neighbors couldn't be revived.

You knew... yet still you had hope things would indeed turn out better.

- - - - -