9.

———— five hour later —————

I heard the front door open and I peaked out my door and saw my father was home, although I didn't see Matteo. I stood at the top of the stairs and welcomed my dad back home.

"Hey dad, where is Matteo?" I asked

"Oh, well he doesn't have to come over everyday so I gave him a day off" he replies

"Oh, okay thanks. How'd the meeting go?" I asked, trying to push off that's all I wanted to know.

"It went well, we have good stable plans now" Ace said.

"Good!" I said and walked back into my room. I grabbed my phone and texted Matteo.

K- father let you off?
M- so you noticed
K - of course I did, he really just gave you the day off?
M - yeah, it was very weird but I couldn't just come over my love. It's only for a day. I'll see you tomorrow okay?
K - I guess so
M - beautiful it's one day, you'll live.
K - smh.
M - don't give me this attitude now, it wasn't my idea mamas.
K - mhm.

"Kiri!! Dinner!" Ace called from the bottom of the stairs. I plugged my phone in and went downstairs for dinner. It was steak with brussels sprouts.

"So how was your day darling?" Father asked

" it was alright, pretty boring lol" I said

" Yeah, sitting at home all day can be boring," father replied.

I went and washed my plate off and put it in the dishwasher, said good night to my dad and went upstairs. It was weird not having Matteo over but I can text him at least.