20.

The next morning I wake up and the house is quiet, too quiet.

I get up from my bed and slowly walk downstairs, no one is home? I keep walking around and the house is empty. I go back upstairs and grab my phone and text my dad.

K - dad? Where are you and Diane?

No text back, maybe they're busy. I go ahead and text Matteo.

K - Matteo?
M - ma?
K - do you know where Ace and Diane are?
M - no I don't, they aren't home?
K - if they were I wouldn't be asking, idiot.
M - true, sorry my love. Have you tried texting?
K - yes, they haven't answered and the house is uncomfortably quiet.
M - why don't you come over? You can meet my mum and you'll be out of the house.
K - Okay, I'll be over soon.
M - Okay, be safe.

I still found it weird they weren't home especially without any text. I changed into something presentable and grabbed the car keys.

I started to drive over to Matteo's house, when I got there I parked on the road next to the curb and went up and knocked on the door. Lily answered "MATTEO YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS HEREEEEEE!!!" Lily yelled, I laughed and Matteo's mother had peaked around the corner.

"WELL LET HER IN BOZO, I'LL BE OUT IN A SECOND." Matteo yelled from some room I'm not sure.

"Well you must be Kiri, Matteo speaks so much about you. You are gorgeous." She smiles

"Yes ma'am I am Kiri! Nice to finally meet you, oh thank you so much." I smile, Matteo walks out from his hallway.

"Well I guess I don't have to introduce you both," Matteo laughs. I smile

"MOMM!! WILLAM IS NOT SHARING" lily yells from her room.

"Willam?" I ask while Mrs. Ellis walks off

"She babysits sometimes for her friend. Willam is 3, so just a year younger than Lily." Matteo says

"Ohh makes sense" I say, Matteo grabs my hand and we start walking to his bedroom. He sits down, and I sit on top of him.

"Soo anything from your dad?" Matteo asks, placing his hands on my thighs.

"Nothing, it's really weird. I mean he usually texts me, and I don't have Diane's number so I can't even contact her." I say

"There wasn't a meeting scheduled, was there?" Matteo asks

"I don't think so, I mean I feel like he'd tell us." I say

"Anywaysss" I say, I sit there for a second just looking at him. Then I lean down and kiss him.

"MWAHHHH" I be as dramatic as possible.

"MWAHH" he copy's me

"Hey that's my thing, you weirdo" I say

Matteo just laughs, he leans back up and actually kisses me. Then there's a knock at the door.

"hon can you help me out with these damn kids" Mrs Ellis asks

"OHH I'll help" I offer

"If you don't mind. That would be great." She says

I lean down and kiss him before getting off of him. I open the door and walk with her. "GOOD LUCK" Matteo shouts from the room, I just roll my eyes.

"Soo what's the issue Mrs, Ellis?" I ask

"Dear, please just call me Kelly, and they won't go down for a nap." She says

"ohh alright, ah common kids" I laugh, I walk over to to the little ones.

"Hey guys, what are you up to?" I ask

"We're playing with blocks!" Lily says

"ohh fun, but you know what sounds good?" I say with a smile.

"What?" Lily asks

"hot coco." I say

lily's face lights up, and stands up on her feet in a split second "HOT COCO???" Lily shouts. I laugh and nod, come on I put my hands out for Lily and William to hold and we walk to the kitchen.

I place them at the table, and start making the hot coco. Mrs Ellis or Kelly comes up to me.

"What are you going to do to the hot coco?" She asks

"Do you have melatonin?" I ask

"Always" she says with a smile and grabs it.

She hands me the melatonin and I start talking to her while making this.

"I usually just do a warm bedtime tea but I wasn't sure if you had that and they seem more hyper so this should knock them out." I say

"I have no idea why I have never thought about that," Kelly laughs.

I laugh with her, and walk over to the kids with the hot coco.

"Here you guys go, wanna go watch a movie while we drink these?" I smile

"Can we Watch tangled?!" Lily asks

"Of course we can" I say, Lily jumps up, grabs her hot coco and carefully walks over to the couch, I take William's hand and we walk over to the couch.

I sit in the middle, we lay a blanket over top of us, and I start the movie. A good 20 minutes later the kids fell asleep on my lap. I fell asleep shortly after them.