30.

I catch myself falling asleep and sit up real fast, Matteo turns to me as soon as I sit up. He gently placed my head on his lap and he played with my hair.

"Boss, what's this about exactly, it's a long drive and Kiri is trying not to fall asleep, pretty sure she still feels sick." I say.

"You remember the Miller mission? And let her fall asleep, it's weird she feels so sick" he says

"Yeah, I remember," Matteo says, my eyes are getting heavier, I'm more tempted to fall asleep but I wanna know what's going on.

"There was one family that wasn't home when we fought, now that are blowing up stuff and killing anyone who's in the way trying to find us." Ace tells Matteo. I sit up real fast. "Dad." I say covering my mouth

"Yes dear?" He says.

"I'm gonna throw up." I say

"shit, Matteo help her out? either out the window or if there is an empty bag somewhere." Ace says

Matteo picks me up and places me on his lap so I'm closer to the window. He took a hair tie from his pocket and tied my hair back. He always keeps a hair tie on him for me. I rolled down the window and as I thought, started throwing up.

Matteo made sure my hair did get in my face and he kept rubbing my thighs. I finally stopped throwing up and he rolled the window back up. I just rotated myself and hugged Matteo. He rubbed my back.

"I don't know if we should've brought kiri, but I couldn't leave her at the house." Ace says

"Yeah understandable, but also no one knew she was going to start feeling sick." Matteo says

"You're right about that." Ace agrees, the truck comes to a stop. "Wait here." Ace says slowly unbuckling. He opens the door and steps out of the truck. I Look back and we're at some sort of gate entrance. Matteo moves my head back to his shoulder.

Suddenly there is a thud sound and then the truck door opens, I turn my head again. The gate security guy was on the ground and my dad started driving forward. "What the hell just happened?" I asked Matteo.

"He isn't dead, just knocked out." Matteo says. A couple minutes later, my dad parks behind this old looking building. "We can't just leave kiri here, so kiri just stay behind Matteo the whole time and don't run off." Ace says, I nod.

We all get out of the truck and open the tailgate putting on gloves and masks. Doubling checking if our guns are loaded, if we have extra ammo. Matteo tilts my head up and we make eye contact.

"Please stay close behind me, I cannot lose you." He says, I can tell his eyes are slightly watering.

"I promise, I'll stay right behind you." I say hoping that helps a little bit.

"Kevin go left into that dinner, I'll go straight into that apartment building. Matteo take those alleys to the right" Ace says we nod and start heading to search the area.

We already hear a gunshot go off, no one says anything on the earpieces though. We get to the alleys; it's dark and quiet. Someone jumps out from the shadows,we can't really see them cus how dark it is. Matteo fully stops and his hand is placed on his gun.

"You're a new face." The voice said

"Pardon me then." Matteo says

"Who's that lovely girl behind you?" The voice asks. My hands latch on his belt, and my heart starts racing.

"Don't make this hard and just move out of the way." Matteo's voice gets deeper.

"Why should I?" The voice says stepping slightly closer.

"You're testing my patience." Matteo says and slightly lifts up the gun from the holster.

"Come on, I just wanna see her man." The voice says.

"Not a chance buddy." Matteo says, the man seems to be running towards us and Matteo lifts up his gun and shoots. The body falling back and a thud sound following it. He places the gun back into the holster.

"Are you feeling alright ma?" He asks me before walking.

"Yes, just a bit of anxiety." I say, he starts to walk again. It was quiet for a while, an easy walk.

"Matteo, Kevin. Anyone yet?" My dad asks on the earpiece. Matteo stops and holds the earpiece with one finger.

"Just a random guy, not any of the millers yet" Matteo says. I reach and grab Matteo's other hand, needing the feeling of his hand in mind for a moment.