41.

I place her down then unbag the cookie dough, I also grab a baking sheet. I place the baking sheet on the counter and the cookie dough in front of Lily so she can open it and start to place the dough on the cookie sheet then I preheat the oven. I see Matteo enter the kitchen and he is just smiling leaning against the doorframe. "Later no distractions." he mouthed with a wink.

I rolled my eyes not thinking too much about it and started helping Lily place the rest of the cookie dough pieces on the baking sheet. Then I place the cookies into the oven and set a timer for 13 minutes. "Want to watch TV while we wait for the cookies?" I ask Lily with a smile. She nods and runs off to the living room, jumping onto the couch turning on the TV.

I sat down next to her on the couch, she turned on strawberry shortcake. I was lowkey invested into this show, Matteo came and sat next to me shortly after we sat down. His hand rubbed my thigh. I lay my head on his shoulder, my eyes slowly getting heavy. I jump up to the sound of the timer for the cookies. I could've sworn I only closed my eyes for a few seconds. I rub my eyes and stand up to go take out the cookies and Lily runs to the kitchen. I took out the cookies and placed them on the countertop.

"We have to let them cool for a minute before eating them," I say. Lily frowns and walks over to the couch. I walk back up to my room to change into something comfy. I put on a heart tank top and some white shorts. Matteo enters the room and pulls me close, "when are you dropping off Lily, love?" he asks.

"After the cookies, handsome." I say rubbing his arms, he kisses my forehead. Then there was a big bang in the kitchen. Me and Matteo ran downstairs so fast, we found Lily crying on the floor. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I tried to get a cookie and they all fell on the floor" She cried out.

"Oh it's okay baby, it's okay don't worry." I pick her up and hug her, I let her calm down in my arms. Matteo calls his mother to come pick up Lily since it's getting late and Matteo knows what he wants. About five minutes later his mom knocks at the door and Matteo lets her in. She picks Lily up out of my arms off the couch and mouths thank you and walks back out to her car.