21.

I wake up and I'm in Matteo's bed. I sit up and look around. I get up out of the bed and walk out to the kitchen.

"Oh good morning princess," Matteo says with a smile. I just go hug him, he wraps his hands around my waist.

"How long have I been asleep for?" I ask

"A good three hours" Matteo says

"Three hours?!" I say looking up at him.

"Did you sleep last night?" Matteo asks, and I nod. I walk back to Matteo's room to check my phone and still no messages from my father.

"Still nothing from him, can you text him?" I ask, I'm starting to worry about him. He nods and pulls out his phone. I lay my head on his chest.

"Thank you again Kiri, they just hate naps." Kelly says

"Oh yeah, no problem. Happy to help" I say

"I texted him for you" Matteo says, putting his phone away, then he holds me again. I start feeling sleepy again. I seriously don't understand why I am so tired.

Lily comes running from around the corner "MATTEOO" she shouts

"Yes Lily?" He says

"Oh, kiri's up?" Lily asks, Matteo nods.

"She looks sick," Lily says, tilting her head sideways, dropping her arm along with the Barbie she was holding.

Matteo lifts up my head with his hand and looks at me, then he feels my forehead.

"Mom, you still have that thermometer?" Matt asks Kelly.

" I feel fine" I say

"Even if you feel fine you could be sick my love." Matteo says rubbing my back. Kelly comes back with the thermometer and gives it to Matteo.

"Open your mouth." Matteo says holding up the thermometer. I open my mouth and the thermometer sits in my mouth for a good second. He takes it out and reads it.

"Ma, you've got smth, You are sick." Matteo says

"It's really hot in here" I say, Matteo picks me up and brings me to his room. He grabs one of his t-shirts and hands it to me.

"Put this on, you'll be more comfortable in this and not a skirt." Matteo says, I take the shirt and Matteo walks back out to the kitchen. This shirt smells like him, I hope he knows I'm keeping this.

I put his shirt on and take off my skirt but I don't want to walk around with just underwear on underneath, but of course his pants won't fit me. I steal a pair of his boxers and slide them on over my underwear so there is something.

I walk back out to Matteo, I sit on the barstool in front of him.

"You're willing to be that close?" Kelly asks Matteo

"I'm not going to push her away and it's not like her dad is home so it doesn't bother me."  Matteo  says.

Mrs. Kelly puts some grapes beside us and tells me to eat some, I turn around a bit and eat some grapes.

"I feel nauseous.." I tell Matteo, he backs up letting me off the barstool and I walk to the bathroom and sit by the toilet. Five minutes go by and nothing, Matteo peaks around at the door.

"Are you doing okay?" He asks, I nod.

"could she be pregnant?" I heard Kelly ask Matteo from the kitchen.

"I mean she gets a good night of sleep but still is exhausted and now has a fever and feels nauseous." She says

"Mom, I really don't think she's pregnant." Matteo says

"So you're telling me y'all have never had sex." Kelly says

"Well, no I'm not saying that." Matteo says

"So she could potentially be pregnant." Kelly says

"I don't know mom, you're stressing me out" Matteo let's put. I get up and walk to the kitchen.

"Can I have a Glass of water?" I ask

"Oh, sure thing darling" Kelly says grabbing a cup. Matteo looks at me and rubs my hand.

"Here you go sweetie." Kelly says, handing me a glass.

"Thank you" I smile, Kelly looks at Matteo. I sip some water, and place the cup back down. I walk back to Matteo's room to find my keys. When I find them I walk back out.

"Where are you going?" Matteo asks, I stop and look bad at him

"Uh, going to the store" I laugh nervously.

"Why? You're clearly sick my love. Just tell me what you want I'll go" Matteo says

"ha. Ykw I don't need anything anymore." I say and place my keys on their key hook. And I go back to his room and just fall back on the bed.

"I have some under the sink, offer her one." Kelly said

"Mom, seriously I don't-" Kelly cuts off Matteo

"Matteo Cole." Kelly says sternly. Cole? I thought to myself his last name was Ellis. He walks to the bathroom and comes to his room and knocks on the open door.

"Love" Matteo says

"Mhm?" I mumble

"My mom wants you to take this, I keep telling her I don't think you are pregnant but she is insisting you take it." He says, I sit up and look at him. He's standing there nervously fidgeting with the wrapper.

"if it makes her feel better." I say and walk over to him, I take the test out of his hand and kiss his cheek. Then I walk to the bathroom, I sit on the toilet and look at it with anxiety. I cannot be a mother, not now.

I take the test and place it on the counter, I walk over to Matteo on the couch. I sit on top of him, and place my face in his neck. Lily starts running around the house screaming. It's giving me a headache but I love kids too much just to yell at them plus she isn't my kid.

I just cover my ears, Matteo covers my hands with his. "Lily, calm down for fucks sake" Matteo says

"MOMM MATTEO SAID THE F WORD" Lily yells

"LILY, SHUT UP YOU'RE CLEARLY GIVING KIRI A HEADACHE." He shouts at her. Lily looks over at us, she runs over and hits Matteo's arm but she kisses my head.

"Lily you're going to bed let's go" Kelly says and picks her up.

"NOOOO" Lily whines

When I got up to go check the test, I almost completely forgot about it. I get to the bathroom and I'm scared to look at its results. Matteo comes up from behind me and hugs me from behind.

"Whatever it is, I promise we'll get through it together, either you are or it's just this fever." he softly says.

I take a deep breath, and I look at it.

Negative.

My heart drops, but I don't know why. I can't raise a kid right now anyways.