35

"Just wanted to have a conversation," she says. As soon as she says that, my father's voice echoes through the room.

"Welcome everyone, thank you for showing up here tonight, I'm not sure if you all know but we did go back for a few millers and only killed one. Therefore we aren't going to go back unless they attack again. There will a new mission by this weekend, thank you all for your patience," he smiles

"We have a few more drink selections tonight along with food, so please help yourself and meet new people. I want us to be as close as possible so we all trust one another and help." Ace says waving and walking off the stage. I kiss Matteo, forgetting Mia is literally right behind us.

Then my father walks up to us, "Matteo, have you tried the new wine we got in today?" Ace asks

"No, I haven't, is it any good?" Matteo asks

"It was the best we've ever gotten," Ace laughs.

"Where is it? I'll have to try some before it runs out then." Matteo smiles, and Ace leads him away to go get wine.

"Soo, y'all are dating? I thought he was just your bodyguard?" Mia said, I take a deep breath.

"We are and he is." I say, she looks at me confused. Ace and Matteo come back. "This is really Probably the best wine we've had here." Matteo says, looking at me.

"You want me to try some don't you." I smile, he nods and hands his cup to me. I take a slight sip of the wine. "I can definitely agree, but I don't need any tonight." I say handing the glass back to Matteo.

Mia finally walks off to talk to other people or get drunk either one it's away from me. Matteo and Ace walk away going to talk to the other guys. I walk to the bathroom and make sure nothing is out of place.

Mia walks in the bathroom, and looks at me. Then she walks into a stall, I just try to ignore her. I fix my hair and walk out to go find Matteo.

I spotted Matteo and my father by the drink cooler talking to the soldier that had come with us when I had gotten kidnapped. I walked over to them, I stood there smiling, I looked back and saw Mia. I then quickly grabbed onto Matteo's arm.

He then pulls me in front of him, then hugs me. I feel safe here, I would say I'm unsure why I feel unsafe with Mia since she's my aunt. Although, she barely put in any effort to talk to me or even visit me therefore I barely know her.

She then came right up to us. "Hey Ace, when does this all end?" She asks

"It ends in about ten minutes." Ace says looking at me then back at Mia. She nods and walks off, "Matteo are you okay staying over with us while she's here, Kiri is obviously super uncomfortable and I'd trust you more than myself." Ace says

"Of course sir, as long as you need me to stay over. I even get bad vibes from her so I'd be more than happy." Matteo says.

Matteo starts to walk me out to the car while my dad wraps things up. "Mia looked at me while I was in the restroom fixing my hair, it was like she was silently judging me." I say looking at my Matteo.

"I'm so fucking tired or her already, I'm sorry she did that to you love." Matteo said, moving the hair out of my face. I pull his head slightly down and kiss him.

Then my father walks out of the building, "okay, you guys ready?" He asks, walking up to the car. I turn around and nod. Then we all get into the car, but this time I sit in the back with Matteo and Mia sits in the front.

I ended up falling asleep on top of Matteo in the car shortly after we got in. Matteo wakes me up when we arrive home. He helps me out of the car and takes me upstairs. Then he grabs his hoodie from his bag.

"cmon love, you need to change out of that dress. Then I'll let you sleep." He says. I turn around and he unzips my dress. Then I step out of my dress and he slides his hoodie over my head. I slightly smile, then I hug Matteo.

"I love you so much you know?" I mumble