29

"Enmu-san ! That was amazing!" Ochako quickly ran up to the girl who was still staring at the stands with a wide threatening smile on her face

"Yea you were great!" Midoriya added on, finally catching his breath as he had been the one to come second.

"Although I knew you were going to get first place, I'm jealous!" Ochako beamed and wrapped her arms around Y/ns single arm.

Y/n glanced at the girl for a moment.
'How naive...she came close to a demon willingly'

Y/n pushed Ochako off of her arm gently before giving an award winning smile, "you both did amazing as well! I'm pretty sure you made it to the 2nd round!"

"Kyaaa!!! I hope so" Ochako stared into Y/n's eyes with her own lovesick ones, a blush on her face.

Muzan frowned as he watched from Y/n's eyes.
"Weak, too emotionally attached" he spat before telling Y/n to ready herself.

"E-ENMU-SAN!! H-how could this happen?" Just then momo sprinted to her after she crossed the line, a blush on her face.

A laugh of Y/n would have mistaken as a demon if she hadn't know better sounded from behind the tall female

"Two birds with one stone. I'm a genius-!" Minetas mouth suddenly went dry as he caught sight of Y/n staring at him unimpressed

" You are the worst." Momo cried but he ignored it

"E-enmu..." momo shyly spoke looking at the ground asking for her help

Y/n smiled that didn't reach her eyes and in one swift move kicked off the purple dwarf sized boy.

"The first game for first years is finally over, and what a game it was! Now, let's take a quick look at the standings, shall we?" Midnights voice ran through the speakers connected to the mic.

Aoyama who had just recently arrived at Y/n's side, whimpered and came closer to her

"Only the top will advance to the next round. But don't be too let down if you didn't make the cut! We've prepared other opportunities for you to shine." Midnight continued to announce while Y/n boredly roamed her eyes around the student body who had made it into the top 42.

"Now the real fun is about to begin. The chance to fully move yourselves into the limelight! Give it your best!"

Midnight winked and the crowd all collectively got nosebleeds

"Let's see what we have in store for you next. Will your wildest fantasies come to life?"

Y/n cringed at the sexual commentary... 'who let her teach high schoolers'

What could it be? The waiting is t*rture. Prepare yourselves... ...for this! Cavalry battle?"

Y/n deadpanned. A cavalry battle..? Who in the world was choosing these events... no, she knew the answer. It was that rat.

Her smile slightly widened, not noticeable enough to be seen by anybody but still a bit wider.

That rat... he hated humans right? She could feel it in his stare, his gaze as humans ignorantly strolled all over the place. Now he. HE! Was a perfect candidate.

All brains would be beneficial for Muzan-sama!

"Oh, yes. I wonder how they'll split us up." Mineta brought her out of her thoughts and she smiled at him, the grape headed boy let out a screech as he saw her smile and scooted away.

"Allow me to explain. The participants will form teams of two-to-four people as they see fit. In theory, it's basically the same as a regular playground game. But there is one difference. Each player has been assigned a point value based on the results from the obstacle course."

Midnight cracked her whip to get the student bodies attention as well as explained to the whole arena what was going to happen

"I get it, a point-based system like the entrance exams. That seems pretty simple. So that means each team will have a different point value based on which students are on it."

Someone spoke in the arena, irritating midnight who now had a tic mark on her forehead as she glared.

"Uh-huh! Maybe you should shut up and let me explain things to you." She snapped before smiling again.

"Now, then. The point assignments go up by increments of five, starting from the bottom.For example, 42nd place is worth five points, and 41st is worth ten."

"And the point value assigned to the first place contestant is..."

Everyone turned to get a look at Y/n who didnt even look slightly bothered

"...ten million!"

"TEN MILLION!!???" A collective yell was heard while Y/n smirked

Then suddenly as if they all shared a thought, their gazes became hungry and longing.

'As expected of humans. Greedy, yes yes, just like that!! Let the hatred and greed envelope your heart' Y/n thought brightly with an innocent smile

"NOW YOU HAVE 15 MINUTES TO PICK YOUR TEAMS AND DISCUSS STRATEGY"

Y/n stood still.
Hagakure naturally made her way over to her superior and smiled widely.

"Master! I am here to serve you" she chirped happily

'It seems my team has been formed' Y/n smiled coyly.

Her eyes flashed red with slits and her voice changed for a moment, shocking the lower moon demon hagakure.

"Let's do this."