Human Village

"Welcome! To the Human Village!" Marisa spread her arms wide, gesturing towards the wooden gate that marked the entrance. Shun took a moment to appreciate the quaint village before him, its cozy houses and bustling streets.

The Human Village is the safest place to live in Gensokyo, even though some youkai come here to shop. Marisa and Alice said that humans from the outside world who accidentally end up in Gensokyo and decide to stay frequently have no choice but to live here as they would be unable to handle the youkai outside the village.

"The village itself has a powerful protector named Keine Kamishirasawa" "She possesses the ability to 'hide' the history of the village's existence, ensuring its protection from outside threats."

"Hm? Marisa and Alice? Oh? Who is that beside you? A human?" inquired a girl with vibrant purple hair and mesmerizing purple eyes. "Greetings, Akyuu!" Marisa exclaimed with a mischievous grin. "Good afternoon, Akyuu," Alice added politely, offering a respectful bow. "Good afternoon. May I inquire about the identity of this individual?" Akyuu inquired, her face filled with curiosity as she glanced at Shun.

"Ah, him? His name is Shun! He serves as a butler at the Scarlet Devil Mansion," Marisa introduced him cheerfully. Akyuu's eyes widened in surprise. "A butler at THAT mansion?!" she exclaimed incredulously. "Haha, I had the same reaction when I first heard it from him," Alice remarked with a chuckle.

"Then, are you alright? And wait, are you truly a human?!" Akyuu expressed her concern with a worried tone. "I am perfectly fine! Everyone at the mansion has treated me with kindness and respect," Shun reassured her. "Is that so? If you say so," Akyuu replied, her expression still worried.

"What's happening here?" a girl asked as she approached the group. "Greetings, Sanae!" Marisa greeted her with a smile. "Hello, Marisa! Hm? Who is this?" Sanae asked, her eyes fixed on Shun. "This is Shun, a butler who serves at the Scarlet Devil Mansion," Marisa introduced him.

"Hello, my name is Shun," Shun introduced himself, bowing respectfully. "Ahahah, I didn't expect a youkai working at that mansion," Sanae commented, her voice filled with surprise. "Hm? But Shun is a human," Alice interjected, clarifying the situation. "Eh? Do you mean him? Eh?!" Sanae's gaze turned even more curious as she scrutinized Shun. "But why would a human serve a vampire?"

"Well..." Shun averted his gaze, his expression becoming slightly somber. "Hmm?" Sanae tilted her head, studying him intently. "Now, now~ He must have his reasons for wanting to work there," Alice interjected, offering a somewhat awkward smile. "Indeed," Akyuu chimed in, her voice filled with curiosity. "The Scarlet Devil Mansion must hold its own secrets and allure."

Marisa nodded in agreement, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Yeah! But I have to say, Shun, you're quite tough! You know how menacing Lady Remilia can be!" she exclaimed.

"Oh? Why are you all gathered here?" a girl with short silver hair, carrying two blades at her waist, and accompanied by a large white phantom, inquired curiously. "Youmu? What brings you here?" Marisa asked, her curiosity piqued.

"Well, Lady Yuyuko has requested a salmon for her meal," Youmu explained, her tone serious. "Ah, that sounds like quite the task," Alice remarked sympathetically.

Suddenly, Shun's eyes widened as he recalled something important. "Ah, I almost forgot!" he exclaimed. Alice raised an eyebrow inquisitively. "Ah, that's right... You have an errand to run, don't you?" she asked, anticipating his response. "Yes, indeed," Shun confirmed.

Marisa seized the opportunity with a mischievous grin. "Oh? Perfect timing! Youmu, could you accompany Shun to the fish store?" she requested, her excitement evident.

Youmu paused for a moment, considering the request. "Of course," she replied, her tone composed. "Thank you, Youmu. I appreciate your help," Shun expressed his gratitude with a respectful bow.