The Hakugyokurou

After "playing" with Lady Flan, I returned to my duties and resumed them normally. However, during my breaks, I would secretly practice swinging my sword.

I need to practice diligently so that I won't bring shame to my position as the butler of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, today, as I was about to finish my practice, Lady Remilia caught me in the act.

"Ara~ I see that you're practicing with your sword."

"Yes, thanks to you, Lady Remilia, I've been able to learn to fight back and be more useful."

"Is that so?~ I heard you've been playing with my little sister. Did you have fun?"

"Y-Yes..." I think...?

"Fufufu~ Thank you, Flan also had a great time."

"No, it's nothing... Actually, it's really fun to play with Lady Flan."

"No, it's nothing... Actually, it's really fun to play with Lady Flan," I admitted.

"Hmmm~ Now that I think about it, have you met the half-ghost, half-human girl?"

"Hm? I remember her. Was it Miss Youmu Konpaku?"

"Oh? I see that you've already met her. Good, that makes things even better."

"Hm?" I slightly tilted my head to the side.

"I want you to hone your skills at Hakugyokurou for a week."

"Hakugyokurou? But Milady, I haven't been there before."

"Yeah, and that's where Koakuma comes in."

"K-Koakuma, huh..."

"Hm? Is there a problem?"

"N-No, nothing..."

"I see. Now then, back to the task. I want you to hone your skills, and once this weekend ends, I want you to challenge her to a danmaku and win."

"Danmaku."

"That's right!"

"B-But, a week?"

"Oh? A week is enough for you to practice, isn't it?"

"...Yes."

"Good. Now pack your things, and I'll let Koakuma know that you will be heading there."

"Y-Yes, Milady."

She giggled before leaving. Hakugyokurou, huh... I haven't been there, and I'm excited to experience what it's like to practice with Youmu.

"Ack, I should get ready and pack my things." Sheathing my crimson blade back into its crystal form, I quickly ran to my room and packed my belongings.

A short while later, I hear a knock at my door.

"Shun? Are you there?" I heard a familiar voice. It must be Koakuma.

Hm? I thought to myself. I opened the door and saw Koakuma standing there. "I heard you're gonna be gone for a week!"

"Yeah, I have to train my swordsmanship, after all,"

"Hoho~ So admirable," she chuckled.

"Well, I am a butler, after all!"

"Yeah, yeah, shall we go then?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

Walking out with Koakuma by my side, I had a bag on my back. As we made our way, Sakuya and Meiling were there.

"Good afternoon, Miss Sakuya, Miss Meiling," I greeted them with a bow.

"Oh? Shun, I heard you're going to train at Hakugyokurou?"

"Yes."

"I see. Well, good luck then." Sakuya then turned back to Meiling, who was currently on her knees.

I think Sakuya is currently scolding Miss Meiling for slacking off.

"Well then, we're on our way now," I said, and Koakuma and I began to walk past Sakuya and Meiling.

After a few minutes of walking along the path, I turned to Koakuma and asked, "Say, Koakuma, how do we get into Hakugyokurou?"

"Hm? We're going to fly."

"Fly, huh... Wait, what?"

"Anyway, now that we're here, shall we go then?"

"Eh? Wait, wait!" I protested, but before I could finish, Koakuma grabbed my collar and immediately took off into the air.

"Wow, Shun... You're surprisingly light."

"Shut up! Just be quick and don't you dare pull a prank on me while we're up here!"

"I won't, I won't. Do you not trust me?~" Koakuma teased.

"As if I would trust your mischievous side!"

"Well, aside from that, I heard that the half-phantom half-human girl will meet us there,"

"You mean Miss Youmu?".

"Oh, speak of the devil," Koakuma said, pointing ahead.

There stood Youmu, patiently waiting for our arrival.

"Hello, Koakuma and Shun," Youmu greeted us with a bow.

"Hello, Youmu!" Without warning, Koakuma threw me toward Youmu.

"Koakuma, are you dumb?!" Fortunately, Youmu caught me before I could fall.

I turned to Koakuma, who wore a mischievous smile. "Have fun~" she said before teleporting away.

I swear to God, once I'm back at the mansion, I will have my payback.

"Now then, shall we go now, Shun?" Youmu asked, extending her arms toward me. I nodded in response and grabbed her hand.

"Oh, I forgot to say," she smiled. "Welcome to Hakugyokurou."