Youkai of the Dusk

As the darkness continued to envelop my vision, the eerie voice persisted.

"Hmmm, Do you know the saying 'Good medicine tastes bad?'"

The voice chuckled ominously. "Hehehe~ I feel like I've heard that line before~"

In the obscurity, a form emerged. A figure with sinister intent. It was Rumia, her malevolent presence tangible even in the darkness.

With her arms spread wide, Rumia darted toward me, her intent clear. She executed a swift and deadly maneuver, slashing from right to left, and then left to right, each motion releasing horizontal projectiles that sliced through the air.

Reacting swiftly, I summoned the power of the crimson crystal, transforming it into a blade. My blades danced, intercepting each of Rumia's menacing strikes.

With every deflection, I countered, slicing the air with precision and sending forth a barrage of retaliatory slash projectiles.

After unleashing the barrage of slash projectiles, I watched as Rumia stood there, seemingly undeterred. Her next move, however, took me by surprise.

She raised her arms, enveloping herself in a swiftly fading dark aura. Before I could react, she teleported with uncanny speed, materializing behind me and leaving a painful scratch across my back.

Gritting my teeth, I swiftly turned to face her, determination burning in my eyes. She grinned widely, shrouding herself in a dark sphere before vanishing once more.

"You're annoying," I muttered, my frustration mounting. With resolve, I ignited my blade with fiery power. "Let's see if you can handle this!"

The air around me shimmered with the crimson flames as I readied myself for whatever trick Rumia had up her sleeve.

In the midst of the enveloping darkness, I scanned my surroundings, desperately trying to locate Rumia. Her playful voice echoed around me, taunting my senses.

"Hm?~ where are you looking at? I'm up here you know?~"

My eyes darted upward just in time to see Rumia descending, her fist aimed straight at me.

Reacting instinctively, I leaped backward to avoid her strike, but she defied gravity, propelling herself toward me with uncanny speed. Her clawed hand made contact with my body, sending me crashing to the ground.

Pain surged through me, but I refused to yield. Gritting my teeth, I focused my energy, allowing the silver blade to shine with intensity.

("Sword Sign: Final Cut")

In a flash, I disappeared from her view, reappearing directly in front of her with a fluid grace.

And then the battle ended in an instant as I landed gracefully while Rumia sprawled on the ground.

As I looked at her prone form, a nagging doubt gnawed at me.

I didn't kill her, did I?

I shook my head to clear my thoughts, transforming my crimson sword back into its crystal form as I continued to run forward.

"I'm sorry!" I called out, my words echoing through the mist-shrouded forest.

My path forward was met with opposition as a swarm of fairies descended upon me. With swift slashes of my silver blade, I fended them off one by one, determined to make my way through.

As I pressed on, the temperature began to plummet, and an eerie coldness gripped the air.

"Why is it suddenly so cold? This doesn't seem right..."

A familiar voice interrupted my thoughts, and I turned to see Daiyousei flying toward me.

"S-Shun!" she called out, her voice trembling. "W-What's wrong?! Why is it so cold all of a sudden!?"

Daiyousei's explanation revealed the cause of the sudden chill.

"Y-You see... Cirno watched you fight Rumia and she was intrigued and wanted to get even stronger... So she created herself an ice weapon and..."

Her explanation froze, quite literally, as she turned into solid ice.

I immediately caught her in my arms before she could shatter on the ground. Gently, I placed her down.

Then, a voice, cold and confident, echoed through the mist.

"Hehehe... You have come!"

I turned toward the source of the voice, where a figure emerged, wielding an Icicle Sword pointed menacingly in my direction.

"Human! Let's fight!"

I sighed, frustration welling up inside me. "I don't have time for this... Move away."

Cirno's grin widened, her confidence unshaken. "Hehehe... I see that my sword has scared you that much? As expected, even with swords, I am also strong!"

What is she saying... Did she just say she is strong when it comes to swords? No, I won't let that pass unless...

I transformed my crimson sword once more, its blade now enveloped in searing flames.

My frustration ignited into determination.

"Alright then... Show me your strongest," I said, taking a ready stance, flames dancing along the crimson blade.