Love? (Youmu's Point of View)

I walk around the human village, feeling a slight pang of guilt for leaving Shun behind. "I'm such an idiot," I mutter to myself, shaking my head in frustration.

As I continue walking, lost in my thoughts, "Oh? What are you doing?" I suddenly hear a familiar voice. Looking up, I see Sakuya carrying a bag of groceries.

"M-Miss Sakuya, good day," I greet her, trying to appear composed.

"You too... So what are you doing?"

"A-Ah? Me? I was just taking a walk!"

She raises an eyebrow, seemingly unconvinced. "Hmmm... Are you sure?"

I nod slightly, trying to maintain a composed facade.

"I see... Well, if you have any worries, feel free to ask me anything." She starts to walk away.

Sakuya starts to walk away, but before she can go too far, I gather my courage and call out to her.

"Um! Miss Sakuya!"

She turns around her attention now fully on me. "Y-Yes?"

"You said 'anything,' right?!"

She hesitates for a moment, then replies, "Y-Yeah... Anything as long as I can assist with my power. What's on your mind?"

Relieved that she's willing to listen, I take a deep breath and speak. "Then, can we go somewhere else?"

"Sure." She smiles at me. We then start taking a walk around the human village.

"Sorry for taking your time and thank you, Miss Sakuya."

"Hehehe, it's alright. I'm glad that I could help you. So, what's on your mind?"

"U-Um... It's about this ache in my chest..."

"Hm? Ache in your chest? Did something happen while you were training?"

"N-No, no... It's just... I don't understand."

"Tell me."

"U-Umm... Let's see... Every time I think of Shun, my heart beats fast, I feel my face getting warm, and whenever I look into his eyes, I can't help but cover my face. Arghh! I just don't understand it! It's probably because of Lady Yuyuko!"

"Pfft~ Ahahaha~ So it's Shun... I see." Sakuya chuckles softly.

"What do you think, Miss Sakuya?" I look at her.

"Are you perhaps... in love?"

"Eh? Love?"

"That's right."

"But how? It's only been two days since we met."

"Hmmmm... I wonder. How did you even develop these feelings?"

I look at the ground and think. "W-when we finished sparring with our swords, I noticed that Shun secretly practices his swordsmanship and every time I watch him... I feel my face getting warm... a-and... I get this strange sensation just by looking at him." My face turns red as I speak.

"Hehe, well... Let me share a little secret with you."

"A secret?"

"That's right!"

"Then, please tell me."

"Actually, Lady Patchouli also sees Shun in a romantic light, though she hasn't expressed it openly. Whenever I clean up Lady Patchouli's library, she often mentions Shun's positive attributes. It seems like she's starting to develop feelings for him."

"Eh?! Does that mean..."

"That's right, Lady Patchouli likes Shun."

"A rival?! And what about you, Miss Sakuya? Do you...?"

She looks up and smiles mischievously. "I wonder~"

I sigh and cast my gaze downward.

"Don't be disheartened. How about this... at the end of the week, when Shun challenges you to a danmaku battle, take that opportunity to examine your own feelings. Use the intensity of the battle to gauge your true emotions."

"Is that so." I nod and bow to Sakuya. "Thank you for your help!"

"No problem at all~ Just remember to go easy on him."

"Hehe~ We'll see."

"Well, I must be on my way now. Have a great day." She bows and walks away.

Watching her depart, I start running back to Hakugyokurou. Thanks to Miss Sakuya's advice. I feel more determined to confront and examine my feelings. "She really is matured." I can't help but smile as I make my way back home.

Meanwhile, from Sakuya's point of view.

"Hmm~ So Youmu has feelings for Shun," Sakuya sighs. "That makes two rivals now. But I can't afford to lose." She wears a determined expression.

"I wonder if Lady Remilia also harbors romantic feelings for Shun," Sakuya muses. She lets out another sigh. "Who would have thought that Shun would have such an ability to attract girls so easily."

What a terrifying ability.

Meanwhile, from Shun's point of view.

He sneezes as he stops swinging his sword. "I feel like someone's talking about me just now."