Life and Death

As the black flames continued to envelop the garden, Remilia and I faced off, both of us ready to unleash our most potent abilities.

"Impressive," she said, her eyes narrowing. "You really are something, human. But I guess it's also my turn to show you the power of Remilia Scarlet in this world."

The spear in her hand grew even larger, and the black flames intensified, crackling with raw energy. The ground beneath us trembled, and the air grew heavy with an ominous presence.

Feeling the immense pressure, I clenched my crimson-blood sword tightly. I knew I couldn't hold back any longer if I wanted to survive this battle.

"Just wait," I replied, my voice steady. "I won't back down."

Remilia grinned, her crimson eyes locking onto mine. "Good. Let's make this battle memorable, then."

With a burst of speed, she dashed toward me, her spear of black flame poised to strike. I raised my sword to block her attack, but the impact sent shockwaves rippling through my body.

Gritting my teeth, I pushed back with all my strength, trying to hold my ground against her relentless assault.

"You're quick, I'll give you that," Remilia said, her voice laced with amusement. "But you need more than just speed to defeat me."

As she spoke, she swung her spear in a wide arc, unleashing a barrage of black flames in all directions.

I weaved and dodged, trying to evade the black flames, but some managed to graze me, leaving searing burns on my skin.

It's hot!

She vanished again, reappearing behind me and delivering a powerful kick that sent me flying into the air.

Before I could react, she snapped her fingers, and more black-flamed spears materialized above me, hurtling toward me with incredible speed.

I gritted my teeth, as the radiance of my crimson blade intensified as I unleashed a powerful slash, cutting through the rapidly rotating projectiles and causing them to dissipate into thin air.

But Remilia wasn't done yet. As I landed back on the ground, she was already upon me, her spear ready to strike.

I managed to block her attack, but the force sent me skidding backward, leaving deep grooves in the scorched earth.

I pointed my crimson blade toward her. "I'm going all out." ("Lunar Clock: Perfect Crimson Mist) A mist emerges from the air surrounding all of us then once the mist is gone.

Thousands of red knives materialized, pointing directly at Remilia.

The blades seemed to be guided by an unseen force, rushing toward her with incredible speed and precision.

"Hehehe~" Remilia chuckled (Black Flame: Abyssal Glaives)

With a graceful sweep of her hand, she summoned a swarm of jet-black flame spears that filled the mist with their ominous glow.

The red knives clashed with the black flame spears, creating a dazzling display of sparks and energy.

Each strike sent shockwaves rippling through the air, and the intense clash of power filled the garden with an eerie atmosphere.

"Hehehe~ Not bad, human," she said, her eyes gleaming with excitement. "But can you keep up with me?"

Without waiting for a response, she leaped forward, her spear of black flame ready to strike. I raised my crimson blade to defend myself, but her attack was too fast and powerful.

"That human... I'm surprised he's still keeping up," Sakuya remarked, her eyes fixed on the battlefield.

Reimu nodded, her expression serious. "He's got determination, that's for sure. But who is he really? I've never seen someone with such strength and abilities before."

She turned to Patchouli, who seemed to be lost in thought, still processing the ferocity of the battle.

"Hey, Patchouli," Reimu called out. "Are they going to be alright?"

Patchouli looked at Reimu, her expression somber. "Humans have limits with their strength because of their physical bodies. I don't think that Butler can win against Remilia's power."

Reimu sighed, her worry evident. "I hope he doesn't push himself too hard. We need to be prepared to step in if things get too dangerous."

Back on the battlefield, I could feel my strength waning, Every strike, every parry, and every dodge took every ounce of energy I had left.

But Remilia seemed to be enjoying herself. Her grin never wavered, and she moved with otherworldly grace, almost as if she was toying with me.

I gritted my teeth, my crimson blade raised in defense. I knew I was at my limit, but I couldn't let myself falter.

As the battle raged on, my movements became sluggish, and I could feel my body starting to ache. It starts to get hurt... my entire body is aching and my vision its starting to blur.

Remilia, on the other hand, seemed as fresh as ever, her grin never leaving her face.

I knew I couldn't keep this up much longer, but I wasn't about to give in. I took a deep breath, trying to steady myself, to find a reserve of strength deep within me.

Remilia noticed my struggle and paused for a moment, her crimson eyes studying me. "You're a stubborn one, human."

With that, she lunged forward, her spear of black flame ready to strike. I did my best to defend, but her attack was too fast and powerful.

The impact sent me flying backward, and I crashed into the ground, my body aching with pain.

As I struggled to get back up, I could feel the darkness closing in. The battle was taking its toll on me, and it seemed like I had reached my limit.

"Are you done already?" she taunted, flying up as she prepared to throw the spear. "How boring." With a swift motion, she launched the spear at me.

"That vampire...!" Reimu tried to fly towards me. "Damn it! I won't make it!"

I whispered, "Destiny: Miserable Life and Death." Suddenly, everything froze in time. I seized the opportunity and slowly got up, taking a determined stance. "Counter."

In an instant, I disappeared from my original position and reappeared behind Remilia, swinging my crimson-blood sword and creating a barrage of slash projectiles aimed at her.

I didn't stop there; I continued slashing the air around her, unleashing a torrent of slash projectiles in every direction.

I slashed the air 20 times in each direction giving her no time to dodge. All I could think about was winning.

I position myself far away from her and whispered. "Countered." Time resumed, and Remilia's eyes widened in shock as she found herself surrounded by a storm of projectile slashes.

"Heh... What is this...?"

The barrage of slashes swiftly closed in on Remilia, delivering multiple powerful blows.

As the barrage of slash projectiles struck Remilia, she struggled to evade the onslaught but ended up getting grazed by several of the attacks. The black flames around her spear began to waver, and she looked visibly shaken.

Reimu and the others watched in astonishment as the battle unfolded. Even Patchouli seemed surprised at the turn of events.

"It seems that butler has more power than we anticipated," Patchouli murmured.

"He really held back, huh?" Flandre chimed in, her eyes fixated on the intense exchange.

After the final strike, Remilia fell to the ground, bleeding from the wounds inflicted by the devastating attack.

I slowly walked towards her and knelt down, my body trembling from exhaustion. "I win," I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

But then, as I tried to catch my breath, I felt a sudden wave of fatigue wash over me. My vision blurred, and before I knew it, I passed out right beside Remilia.

"Yeah~ You did well... Human~"