He's my property (1) (Remilia's POV)

Before the festival...

"Hmm, I'm bored," I mused, taking a sip from my glass of blood.

I sat on the balcony, idly sipping from a glass of blood. The dull ache of boredom gnawed at me, and I let out a sigh, catching Sakuya's concerned gaze.

"What's wrong, Milady?"

I leaned against the balcony railing, gazing out at the mansion grounds. "It's nothing serious, Sakuya. Just a sense of restlessness, I suppose."

"Milady, are you perhaps feeling bored?" Sakuya's observation was keen.

I chuckled lightly. "Yes, precisely. The eternal boredom of an immortal."

Sakuya's lips curved into a faint smile. "Shall I arrange some entertainment, then?"

A thoughtful nod was my response. However, my attention shifted to Meiling, who was conversing with Shun below.

"Those two seem quite close," I remarked, my eyes following their interaction.

Sakuya followed my gaze. "Ah, Meiling and Shun. Yes, they've been spending quite a bit of time together, especially during Meiling's practice sessions."

I continued to watch them, contemplating the shifts that had occurred since Shun's arrival in the Scarlet Devil Mansion. "Shun's presence has undeniably brought changes. Flandre has found a new playmate, Sakuya is more at ease, and Patchouli seems...happier."

Sakuya's gaze softened. "It appears that his presence has brought a positive influence to many of us."

I sighed and drained the last remnants of blood from my glass. "And yet, despite all this change, I can't help but feel a sense of detachment."

"Milady..."

"Sakuya, forget about entertaining me. I'll retire for some rest."

"Of course, Milady. Please rest well."

As I retreated into my room and lay on my bed, my thoughts began to drift aimlessly. The ceiling above me became a canvas for my contemplations, thoughts intertwining and weaving into an intricate tapestry.

Shun's impact on the mansion was undeniable. A breath of fresh air, a new dynamic. Despite the positive changes Shun had brought to the mansion, I couldn't shake the feeling of being left out.

"Shun is my property," I murmured, my voice echoing in the dimly lit room with a possessive edge in my tone.

However, the silence of my thoughts was short-lived. A resolve stirred within me, nudging me back into motion.

I rose from my bed, determined to shake off my self-imposed seclusion.

Exiting my room, I made my way to the mansion's entrance, unintentionally eavesdropping on the conversation between Sakuya, Shun, and Meiling.

"Hm? We're invited to a festival?"

Shun asked his broom in hand.

Meiling's eyes sparkled with excitement. "Yes, the Moriya Shrine's Festival! Shun, you've never been to one, right? This is your chance!"

Shun's confusion was evident. "A chance for what?"

Meiling's eyes gleamed mischievously. "A perfect opportunity for you to taste the Moriya Shrine's sake!"

"I think I'd rather stick to wine."

"Oh, come on! It's a festival! A chance to try something different."

Sakuya, joining the conversation, added her perspective. "Considering you've been with us, Shun, you've yet to experience the thrill of an incident occurring around Gensokyo."

"Ah, let me help you with that," Shun's voice was courteous as he offered assistance with Sakuya's laundry.

Sakuya's gratitude was evident. "Thank you."

Meiling's attention returned to the festival topic. "Miss Sakuya, let's go to the Moriya Shrine's Festival!"

Sakuya's sigh was audible. "Ultimately, it's Lady Remilia's decision, not ours."

Shun and Meiling exchanged glances, but I could tell their determination was unwavering.

"Why not? I believe it's a splendid idea," I interjected, descending the staircase to join the trio.

Sakuya and Shun both offered respectful bows, and Meiling followed suit.

"Fufu~ I find the prospect quite enticing. Especially since the Moriya Shrine's festivities are known to be engaging."

"Very well then, I suppose we can go and have a little fun." Sakuya nodded.