More Spellcards!

After the intense battle with Lady Yukari's shikigami, I found myself completely drained of energy, having used my first and final spell card.

As I slowly regained consciousness, I noticed the gentle breeze coming in through the window and realized that I was lying down, my head resting on something soft.

I cautiously touched the object supporting my head, confirming that it was indeed a pillow. Soft and comfortable. I looked up to see Lady Yukari gazing down at me.

"Lady Yukari..."

"Oh, Shun, you're finally awake," she said, a hint of amusement in her voice.

I sat up abruptly, feeling flustered. "Gah! Lady Yukari!?"

"Hm? What's wrong, Shun? You seem surprised."

"W-Well... It's just that..."

Lady Yukari smirked and leaned in closer, her gaze playful. "How was it? Resting on my lap like a pillow?~"

My face turned beet red, realizing what she was referring to. "I-I mean, yes, it was... really soft. Your... thigh, I mean," I managed to blurt out that word!?

Lady Yukari burst into laughter, thoroughly amused by my reaction. "Oh, Shun, you never fail to entertain me. Your honesty is quite refreshing."

"I apologize for my bluntness, Lady Yukari. I should compose myself better."

She waved off my apology with a dismissive gesture. "No need to apologize, my dear Shun. Your candidness is quite endearing."

So you were rather amused, huh...

After that, the door slid open, and Youmu entered the room, holding a bowl of soup in her hands. My eyes widened in surprise and relief as I saw her.

"Youmu! Where have you been?!" I exclaimed, unable to hide my concern.

She seemed taken aback by my reaction and stammered, "A-Ah! Shun... Haha, I was just taking a walk! Haha..."

My worry turned into a slight frustration as I crossed my arms. "Still! Weren't you supposed to be the one training me?"

Youmu's expression turned apologetic, and she placed the bowl of soup on the table before bowing to me. "Well, apologies. I got carried away."

I sighed, realizing that my worry might have been unwarranted. "Youmu, it's fine... More importantly, are you okay?"

Her cheeks flushed slightly, and she averted her gaze. "Y-Yeah."

I couldn't help but notice her evasive behavior, "You're looking away, though."

Yukari, who had been silently observing the interaction, struggled to contain her laughter. She found amusement in Youmu's flustered reactions, causing her to chuckle.

"What are you laughing at, Lady Yukari?"

"N-Nothing," she replied, trying to suppress her laughter. However, I could sense a hint of mischief in her voice. "Shun, you really are dense sometimes," she whispered to herself, her words barely audible.

I turned my attention back to Youmu. "Now then, shall we start training as usual, Sensei?"

She hesitated for a moment before speaking. "A-Ah, actually... Lady Yukari will also be in charge of your training today."

Surprised by the unexpected change, I blinked in confusion. "Lady Yukari? But..."

Youmu nodded, her expression serious. "Yes, she has much to teach you as well.

"...By the way, how many days did I lose consciousness?"

"Two days," Youmu replied.

My eyes widened in shock. "T-Two... days?!"