Summer (3)

"Pfft~ Ahahaha! A human serving a vampire. It's quite interesting. Aren't you scared?" Mokou asked with amusement. "At first, it was scary, but now I feel grateful to be here serving her. I owe her a lot, after all," he answered.

"Hm? Why not? It's hot as hell out here," Shun replied casually.

"Well, about that..." Mokou started to say as the group turned onto a new path. They were greeted by the sight of youkai standing in line, and some of them were engaged in an intense bullet of battles nearby. The sound of exploding bullets filled the air around the shop. "Ah, I see," Shun said, his eyes widening as he took in the chaotic scene before them.

"Welcome, welcome!" a girl in a blue dress adorned with numerous pockets around the hem of the skirt, and a green hat with a white wispy symbol on it, greeted them enthusiastically. "Try out our new product!" she exclaimed, extending her hand toward them.

"That must be the mochi ice cream!" Cirno exclaimed, flying excitedly towards the shop, with Daiyousei following closely behind. "Isn't it dangerous here?" Shun expressed his concern. "Well, don't worry about it. We also keep things under control. I wouldn't want the bamboo getting destroyed either," Mokou reassured him with a confident smile.

"Oh? If it isn't the butler of the Scarlet Devil Mansion!" a girl wearing a white blouse, a black short skirt, and a tokin landed in front of Mokou and Shun. She then took a snapshot with her camera. "Hey, delete that," Mokou demanded, looking at her with a dissatisfied stare.

"Ahahaha~ Don't worry, I'll make sure to edit it! But really, it's nice to meet you, Mister Shun!" She exclaimed, grabbing his hand and shaking it energetically. "My name is Aya Shameimaru, the Newspaper Reporter of Gensokyo!" she introduced herself with a wide grin. "Ahh! You're that journalist who wrote an article about me!" Shun exclaimed, recognizing her. "Ahahaha! Did you like it?" Aya asked, eagerly awaiting his response.

"Well, I sorta didn't like the fact that you took a picture of me without permission. Wait, how did you even manage to take a picture of me through the window outside!?" Shun asked, perplexed.

"That's a secret~" Aya replied mischievously, maintaining her enigmatic smile.

"So, Tengu, what are you doing here?" Mokou inquired.

"I'm here to make a newspaper article about the mochi ice cream! You could say that Nitori and I are working together on this," Aya answered, proudly holding up her camera.

"What a great strategy," Shun commented, giving slight applause. "Haahhh~, no wonder some of them are wandering into the forest randomly. It was your doing..." Mokou remarked with a mix of annoyance and amusement. "Indeed!" Aya responded proudly, reveling in her own cunning plan.

"Hm? By the way, Shun," Aya began.

"Just call me Shun," he interjected politely.

"Right, Shun. Is it true that you can't shoot bullets?" Aya asked, retrieving her pencil and notepad, eager to hear his response. "Well, yeah, I can't shoot bullets. I'm just a human, after all," Shun replied

"Oh, I see, I see," Aya exclaimed, scribbling notes in her notepad. As she continued writing, she asked another question. "Is your Mistress planning to start a new incident?"

Shun glanced away, his expression unreadable. "...No comment," he replied, keeping his response vague. "I see, I see! So the butler of the Scarlet Devil Mansion will also be an accomplice," Aya concluded, making her own assumptions based on his answer.

"Huh?! I don't even know what you're saying! Erase that!" Shun exclaimed, attempting to grab Aya's notepad. However, Aya grinned mischievously and swiftly sidestepped his reach. "I was just kidding!" she reassured him with a playful tone.