The Maid-en

As we continued our exploration of the festival, Sakuya and I found ourselves drawn to a booth filled with colorful masks and costumes.

"Look at these beautiful masks, Shun," Sakuya said, her eyes scanning the intricate designs.

I reached for the fox mask with a delicate pattern.

"Do you think we should try them on?" she suggested with a playful glint in her eyes, holding up a white fox mask.

"Why not? It could be fun."

We each picked a mask and put them on, immersing ourselves in the characters they portrayed. Sakuya's mask covered most of her face, giving her an air of mystery, while my elegant mask added a touch of charm.

"You look stunningly mysterious in that one," I teased, gesturing to her mask.

Sakuya smirked, "And you look quite dashing in that elegant mask."

One game caught our attention – a ring toss, where we had to toss rings and try to hook them onto pegs.

"Let's give it a try!" Sakuya said, picking up the rings.

I nodded, taking a set of rings as well. Standing side by side, we tossed the ring for the pegs.

"You'll need more practice than that, Sakuya!"

"Oh, really?" she retorted with a playful smirk, and on her first attempt, she successfully hooked a ring onto a peg.

"S-Seriously..."

Just as I was about to toss my ring, someone gently patted my shoulder. I turned around to see Youmu and Lady Yuyuko standing there, both wearing gentle smiles.

"Good evening, Shun!" Youmu greeted me warmly and then turned to Sakuya. "Good evening to you too, Miss Sakuya."

Sakuya nodded politely in response. "Oh? You two... Good evening."

Youmu's gaze shifted between Sakuya and me, and then she fixed her gaze on me with a hint of suspicion. "Are you two... on a date?"

Sakuya made a small squeal, clearly caught off guard by the question. I thought for a moment, tapping my chin, and then nodded.

. "Yeah, I guess you could say that... Though it's more like a date between a brother and an older sister."

"Eh?" Youmu blinked, seemingly surprised by my response.

I turned to Sakuya, who was currently looking down, a hint of sadness in her eyes.

"What's wrong, Sakuya?"

She hesitated for a moment before speaking softly, "It's just... I thought... I thought you saw me differently."

Youmu and Yuyuko exchanged glances, sensing the tension between us. I placed a reassuring hand on Sakuya's shoulder.

"I do see you differently, Sakuya. You are my treasured friend and an essential part of the Scarlet Devil Mansion."

"Gah...!" Sakuya stammered, "O-Of course... Hehehe..." She sighed.

I turned to Youmu, who seemed to be in a triumphant pose. "Eh? What's going on, Youmu?"

"Mhm~ Nothing~" She smiled knowingly.

Then I noticed. "By the way... Where is Lady Yuyuko?"

"Hm?" Youmu looked around, her eyes widening in realization. "A-Ah!! Lady Yuyuko!?" Without wasting a moment, she dashed off through the crowd in search of her mistress.

"There she goes..." I chuckled softly, then turned back to Sakuya, who seemed to be lost in her thoughts. "Let's go after her?"

However, when I tried to catch up to Sakuya, she was already a few steps away. "Did I say something wrong?" I wondered to myself.

"Are you perhaps hungry?"

Sakuya glared at me, "Are you... an idiot!?" she retorted, and then she pouted and walked away.

"A-Ah! Wait!" I hurriedly followed her, but she disappeared among the festival crowd, moving with such grace and speed.

"Ahh... Did she stop time?" I muttered as I walk among the crowds.

"Now I lost four of them..." I walk around aimlessly looking for them. "Where did they go..." But just as I was about to walk further someone hold my sleeve. I turned to see who it was.

"Hm? Are you... also lost?"

I walk around aimlessly looking for them. "Where did they go..." But just as I was about to walk further someone hold my sleeve. I turned to see who it was.

She has short simple purplish-blue dress with a frog print design, large white sleeves stitched onto the torso, and a white collar. She has medium-length blond hair, grey eyes, a light brown wide-brimmed hat with two frog eyes on the top.

"Hm? Are you... also lost?"

She shook her head "No... Are you perhaps the rumored human butler?"

"Rumored? Ahh, My name is Shun, the butler of the scarlet devil mansion."

She widened her eyes and nodded. "Nice, now come with me."

She pulled me along by my sleeve, surprising me with her strength despite her petite size. "How is she so strong despite her appearance...? Well, this is Gensokyo, so I shouldn't be surprised."

"By the way, My name is Suwako Moriya."

"Suwako Moriya...?"