A Date with a Rabbit (1)

Every day as I walked out to train with my swords, I could feel Reisen's gaze fixed upon me. It was as if her eyes were constantly watching my every move. 

Her persistent gaze started to bother me, and I couldn't shake off the feeling that something was amiss between us.

Whenever I tried to approach her to talk about it, she would quickly make an excuse, rushing off as if she had important tasks to attend to.

There was an underlying tension between us, and I couldn't let it continue without resolution.

This time... I'll have to use force.

I entered Eientei and spotted the two sisters. Walking up to them, I offered a bow of respect.

"Shun, good morning," Toyohime greeted me with a warm smile.

"Good morning, Lady Toyohime, Lady Yorihime," I replied.

Yorihime noticed my swords and inquired, "Training with swords?"

I nodded. "Yes, but before that, do you happen to know where Miss Reisen is?"

"Hm? Udongein Inaba?" The sisters exchanged glances and turned their attention back to me.

"I heard that Reisen is currently on an errand for Lady Yagokoro," Yorihime informed me.

"I see... Thank you both very much," I expressed my gratitude with another bow before taking my leave.

Toyohime chuckled softly. "Wouldn't it be nice if we also had a butler like him?"

"Perhaps."

As I walk outside of Eientei, I approached one of the rabbits and inquired about Reisen's whereabouts. At first, they seemed hesitant to cooperate, so I had to employ a bit of persuasion. Eventually, they reluctantly guided me to where Reisen was.

Underneath a tree, I found Reisen peacefully sleeping. I approached her with caution, observing her serene expression and admiring her adorable rabbit ears. A thought slipped from my lips in a soft whisper, "I really want to touch those..."

she slowly opened her eyes, she seemed startled and looked around before fixing her gaze on me. Her eyes widened in surprise.

"Shun?! What are you doing here?" she exclaimed, quickly standing up and hiding behind the tree.

"I was looking for you."

"Looking for me? Why?"

"Why are you looking for me? Did something happen?"

"I've noticed that you've been avoiding me lately, Reisen. I wanted to talk to you and find out why."

She peeked out from behind the tree, her expression guarded. "I... I haven't been avoiding you," she muttered, her ears twitching slightly.

I tilted my head, a hint of amusement in my voice. "Oh really? So, it's just a coincidence that every time I try to approach you, you suddenly become busy or run off?"

Reisen's cheeks turned slightly pink as she averted her gaze. "Not really..."

"Hmmm, are you upset because I helped Lady Kaguya out even though I'm still recovering?" I asked, looking at Reisen with a gentle expression.

She hesitated for a moment, then shyly hid behind the tree. "So, that's what it was..." I murmured to myself, understanding her concerns. "Say, do you mind if we go out for a bit?"

Reisen glanced at me, still pouting slightly. "Where do you want to go?"

"I want to try the famous takoyaki that everyone's been talking about."

Her pout slowly faded, and she looked down before sighing. "Fine... Let's go."

I couldn't help but feel a sense of satisfaction as I saw her agreement. "Bingo," I thought to myself, glad that we could spend some time together outside of Eientei.

"Come," Reisen said, walking past me and taking the lead.

I followed her with a smile, as we headed towards the human village.

As we reached the bustling streets of the village, the tantalizing aroma of freshly cooked takoyaki filled the air. We made our way to a small food stall, eagerly joining the queue of people waiting for their turn to savor this popular snack.

As we waited, Reisen started to open up, sharing stories about her life in Eientei and her experiences as a moon rabbit. I listened intently, interested in getting to know her better.

"Now that I think about it... it feels like we're on a date," I thought to myself, a smile forming on my lips.

Meanwhile from someone's point of view.

"Hey Reimu, aren't those two on a date?" Marisa says, her eyes fixed on Shun and Reisen who were walking together.

"Hmm? A date? Are you sure about that?" Reimu followed Marisa's gaze, observing the two of them.

"Should we follow them?" Marisa smirked mischievously

"Wait, whose two are you talking about?" Youmu approached, curiosity evident in her eyes. As she looked at Shun and Reisen, her expression shifted from curiosity to surprise, her mouth hanging open.

Reimu turned to Youmu, concerned. "Youmu, you look pale. Is something wrong?"

Youmu shook her head, her gaze serious. "Miss Reimu, Marisa... I have a favor to ask."

Marisa and Reimu exchanged glances, intrigued by Youmu's request.

"Let's follow them, I have a feeling that we need to keep an eye on them."

...Eh?