The Scarlet Devil

Re-claim what is yours, Shun.

My footsteps echoed down the empty hallway as I stopped and turned around, fatigue washing over me like an inevitable tide.

My body ached, and my whole body started flickering, my energy started to wane.

I don't think I can keep up anymore. This blade form of mine is about to run out. What a huge price to pay.

I mustered a weary smile as I looked out the window at the bright, beautiful moon.

t was a silent understanding, a comforting presence.

"The moon," I whispered to myself, "so beautiful..."

The moon had a way of calming my weary soul, its scars and blemishes somehow making it all the more endearing. It shone with a sense of understanding as if it knew my struggles intimately.

But this moment of solace was short-lived. The tranquility was shattered as a swarm of fairy maids appeared, shooting bullets at me. There was no respite, no peace until I confronted her.

I dashed forward, my body moving on pure instinct, engaging the fairy maids in combat once more.

"Move!"

Despite my wound and bruises getting much worse, I would only run back to the main lobby, cutting the fairies down as I went.

I dashed outside and sprinted to the garden at the back.

The moonlight bathed the garden in its silvery glow as Lady Remilia awaited my arrival. Her crimson eyes shimmered with amusement as I finally approached.

"Took you long enough," she chimed with a playful tone.

"I apologize for my tardiness," I replied, determined to put an end to this.

She couldn't help but comment on my altered appearance. "What nice hair and eyes, Shun... A perfect form like that resembles a blood moon."

Ignoring her remark, I tightened my grip on my blades and took a battle stance. "Enough. I want to prove myself again... This time I will reclaim what is mine."

Her smile widened. "Oh? Well, that's right. That's what you came here for after all."

With a snap of her fingers, the butler emerged from the shadows, his presence chilling. I recognized him immediately.

"It's him...!" I muttered under my breath, my blades at the ready.

"Oh? An intruder?" He said with a cold tone.

"That's right, Tanu-... I mean, my butler," Lady Remilia purred, her crimson eyes never leaving me. "Why don't you deal with him for me?"

The butler acknowledged her command with a nod and a cold smile.

As I continued to press my attack on the butler, his agility proved to be a formidable challenge. He gracefully sidestepped my strikes and deftly moved out of my reach, all while Lady Remilia launched fiery arrows in support. I had to be on constant guard, blocking and dodging each attack while still trying to land a blow.

"Why is he so agile?" I muttered, frustration building within me.

But what caught my attention was a small plume of smoke that emanated from his arm whenever I managed to graze him. It was an odd detail, one I couldn't quite make sense of in the heat of battle.

"Remilia!" the butler called out.

"I know~" she responded casually as if she had all the time in the world.

The disrespect in her tone was infuriating. How dare she show such contempt for Lady Remilia!

Fatigue set in, and my wounds multiplied.