The Petty Patrol Tengu

It hadn't even been an hour, and we had already arrived at the bottom path of Youkai Mountain.

"So this is the Youkai Mountain."

Hatate grinned, "That's right! It's Gensokyo's largest mountain."

"Do people still live in these mountains?"

Hatate shook her head. "Not humans, but you'll find tengus and kappa residing here."

"Ah, so tengu and kappa, huh..."

Hatate continued, her voice brimming with knowledge. "Oh, and here's another interesting fact! The Youkai Mountain is also home to the Underground Geyser Center."

"What's that?"

"It's a facility located beneath the mountain, Both kappa engineers and the gods of the Moriya Shrine conduct experiments and research projects there. It's even connected to the Nuclear Furnace, which lies in the deepest part of the Underworld!"

"Wow, Hatate, you really know a lot about this place..."

She placed her hands on her hips, striking a proud pose. "Well, I do live in the Youkai Mountain after all."

As I walked along the path, I couldn't help but notice some small tengus flying around, bustling with activity. They moved swiftly through the air, displaying their agility and grace.

"So those are tengus..."

They were dressed in white, long-sleeved shirts and wore large black skirts adorned with red flame-like designs that extended from the bottom. they are all holding a small scimitar-like sword and a white, round shield embellished with a red maple leaf print.

"You! Stop right there!" a voice rang out, capturing our attention. A figure landed in front of us, demanding that we identify ourselves for trespassing on the mountain.

Hatate recognized the figure and smiled. "Oh, if it isn't the wolf tengu."

"Hatate?!"

"That's right!"

I listened intently to their conversation.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were with Aya?"

"Well, Aya is currently occupied with her own duties, and I'm giving Shun a tour."

The wolf tengu's gaze shifted toward me. "Shun? Is this the person everyone has been talking about?"

Hatate nodded in confirmation. "That's right!"

Momiji's stern expression softened as she introduced herself. "Nice to meet you, Shun. My name is Momiji Inubashiri, one of the Youkai Mountain tengu's patrols."

I returned her greeting with a polite bow. "Nice to meet you too, Momiji. I am Shun, a butler who serves the Scarlet Devil Mansion."

Momiji nodded approvingly. "You're very polite, Shun."

"Thank you,"

Turning her attention to Hatate, "Anyway, enough of that. Hatate, you should stop right here."

"Eh? Why?"

"The kappas is currently engaged in important activities, and they have restricted access to the Underground Geyser. They specifically asked me to prevent anyone from approaching the entrance."

"Oh, then! Great timing! Let's go there!" Hatate exclaimed excitedly as she grabbed my arm and attempted to walk past Momiji.

However, Momiji quickly reacted, rushing in front of us to block our path. "Hey, hey, wait!" she called out. "I told you, didn't I? You're not allowed there!"

Hatate pouted slightly. "But the tour..."

Momiji stood firm, "Well, stop the tour right now."

"I'm afraid I can't do that."

Momiji raised an eyebrow, surprised by my response. "Then, I have no choice," she said, leaping back and assuming a defensive stance.

"Danmaku, huh? Very well... Shun, get behind me."

I met her gaze and shook my head firmly. "I appreciate your concern, Hatate, but I'm actually interested in fighting her."

Hatate looked at me with a surprised look. "Huh? But you're a human. You can't just fight her."

"I may be a human, but I am not just any normal human. I am a butler of the Scarlet Devil Mansion."

"Very well then, Shun. I trust in your abilities." She gracefully stepped back, allowing me to stand my ground.

"Hmph, I won't give you a chance to fight back," Momiji declared as she raised her large scimitar.

I looked at Momiji and reached into my pocket, retrieving the blood crystal. With deliberate care, I used the crystal's tip to make a small cut on my thumb, allowing the crystal to absorb my blood and transform into a crimson sword.

"What kind of magic item is that...?" Hatate murmured.

I pointed the blood-crimson sword at Momiji. "I'm ready!"

Momiji and I both dashed forward simultaneously, our swords clashing as our eyes locked in a determined gaze.