After

After a week had passed since the incident, life seemed to have returned to its normal rhythm, as if the events that transpired were mere fragments of a distant dream. In the bustling kitchen, Sakuya and Shun were preparing a meal together.

"Shun, is the meat ready?" Sakuya inquired, focused on her own culinary tasks. He replied with a cheerful tone, "Yes, it's all done!"

"Excellent," Sakuya acknowledged with satisfaction the meal would soon be ready to serve.

A week ago, as Shun woke up from a peculiar dream, he found the other residents of the mansion gathered in his room, soundly asleep, except for Remilia. He gets up from his bed ensuring not to disturb them, and silently made his way out of the room. As he stepped into the hallway, his gaze fell upon Remilia, who was seated on the balcony, entranced by the ethereal glow of the moon.

"Lady Remilia," he whispered, his voice barely audible. With measured steps, he approached the balcony, mindful not to startle her in her reverie.

"Shun, you're awake," she greeted, a gentle smile gracing her lips. "How are you feeling?" Remilia inquired with genuine concern etched across her face.

"I feel perfectly fine," he replied, his voice steady and composed.

"Fufufu~" Remilia chuckled softly, her laughter carrying a hint of relief. "After all, Sakuya and Patchouli were always there beside you, watching over you. They wouldn't let anything happen to you."

A sigh escaped her lips as she continued, "The whole mansion was in chaos. Reimu and Marisa even paid us a visit, eager to settle things through a thrilling danmaku battle..."

"I'm sorry," he expressed a tinge of guilt in his voice.

Remilia shook her head gently, dismissing his apology. "Don't be," she replied softly. "They care about you, as do I. After all, I wouldn't want one of my loyal servants to come to harm under my watch." She chuckled lightly, her grin accentuating her vampire features as she elegantly took a sip from her glass, the crimson liquid within matching her own essence.

He remained silent, taking a seat on the chair as Remilia listened attentively. "Lady Remilia, I had a dream where I served my first mistress from my previous world," he began. "Oh? That's intriguing," Remilia responded, curiosity gleaming in her eyes. "Would you mind sharing that story with me?"

"Sure—" Shun's words were abruptly interrupted as someone pinched his cheeks, causing him to flinch.

"O-ouch!" He winced as he felt a sudden pain, only to discover Sakuya standing behind him, her gaze piercing through him. "Why are you here?" she demanded, her voice laced with concern and disapproval. "M-Miss Sakuya," He stammered, caught off guard by her sudden appearance and her questioning tone.

"Aren't you supposed to be resting!?" she interjected sharply, her worry evident in her eyes.

"I apologize, Milady, but Shun needs some rest," Sakuya stated firmly. With a grip, she firmly took hold of my hand, guiding him back toward his room.

"Fufufu~ It appears I'll have to hear your story another time," Remilia remarked, taking another sip from her glass. Just then, a gap portal materialized on the ground beside her, revealing Yukari Yakumo, the enigmatic youkai.

"Yukari Yakumo, what do you want?" Remilia questioned, her gaze fixed on the visitor as she radiated a hint of hostility.

"Nothing much, my dear Remilia," Yukari replied nonchalantly, a mischievous smile gracing her lips. "I simply came to pay a visit to our dear Shun here."

"Shun is already resting," Sakuya replied, her tone firm and resolute.

"Oh? Is that so?" Yukari responded, a mischievous giggle escaping her lips. "What's so funny?" Remilia questioned, her gaze narrowing. "Nothing much," Yukari replied, a playful smile dancing on her face. "It's just that your mansion seems to be quite lively lately. I must admit, I'm a bit envious." She elegantly covered her mouth with a fan, her eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Hey, Gap Youkai, you were the one who put that dagger in Shun's room, weren't you?" Remilia glared at Yukari, her eyes filled with suspicion.

"And what if I did?" Yukari retorted, her tone nonchalant.

"Tsk," Remilia clicked her tongue in annoyance.

"Now then, I'll go pay a visit to Shun. Goodbye," Yukari said with a playful smile as she slowly merged back into the gap portal, which closed on its own.

In the present moment, the air was filled with a sense of relief and celebration for my recovery. Remilia, holding a wine glass, raised it in a toast. The rest of the residents followed suit, their glasses raised in unison. "Congratulations on your recovery, Shun," Meiling congratulated me warmly.

However, the joyous atmosphere quickly shifted as various requests and demands were voiced. Meiling, with a mischievous grin, spoke up, "But just because you've recovered doesn't mean you can skip our training session, right, Shun?"

Flandre, displaying her playful nature, chimed in, "No! Shun is going to play with me!"

Meanwhile, Patchouli, with her composed demeanor, suggested, "Shun, please clean the library like you used to." Koakuma interjected, "Eh?! But I'm here, Lady Patchouli."

"Fufufu~ This is indeed lively." She says giggling and sipping her drink.