Our Dense Protagonist

"S-Sakuya... and Youmu... It's unusual for the two of you to be together," I stuttered, feeling a sense of tension in the air.

"Yeah... Very unusual," Sakuya replied, her gaze shifting between me and Reisen.

"Care to explain why this rabbit is currently with you while you were supposed to be recovering?"

"S-Shun... They're mad..." Reisen whispered, hiding behind me

"Mad...?" I looked at them, slightly tilting my head in confusion. "Yeah, they seem... upset." I cleared my throat, gathering my thoughts. "May I ask why you both are glaring at us?"

"Hmm? I wonder?" Youmu said, her hand resting on the hilt of her blade. "I wonder..." Her gaze was intense and filled with annoyance.

"Ahh, I suppose I haven't cleaned up the mansion... I'm sorry, Miss Sakuya," I apologized, bowing my head in remorse.

Sakuya's glare softened for a moment, and she let out a sigh. "Right... I forgot... You left me with the duties. Although it's not a problem, Lady Patchouli mentioned that she needs you in the library. Lady Remilia informed me that you should return tomorrow."

"Ah, I understand!" I replied, nodding in acknowledgment.

"Now then..." Sakuya's stern gaze returned. "Aren't you supposed to be resting?"

"Hey, Rabbit... Why are you with Shun? What are you planning?" Youmu questioned, her grip tightening on the hilt of her sword.

Reisen trembled in fear. "Eek!"

"Oh... I invited her to go to the Takoyaki stall... You know, the famous one?" I explained nervously.

"I see... So it's clearly..." Youmu drew her blades, her stance becoming more offensive. "A date."

"C-Calm down Youmu!?"

The tense atmosphere continued to escalate as Youmu charged toward me, slashing with her blades. I swiftly dodged her attacks, trying my best to keep a safe distance. "Youmu, please calm down! It's just a casual outing!" I pleaded, desperately attempting to reason with her.

Sakuya, on the other hand, let out a frustrated sigh. "It's clearly more than just an outing... it's a date!" she exclaimed, her knives at the ready.

Feeling the urgency of the situation, I made my youkai-made sword appear in the air and grabs it, preparing to defend.

Sakuya hurled her knives in my direction, and with swift movements, I deflected them with my blade, narrowly evading their sharp edges.

"Calm down, both of you!" I implored once more, hoping to quell the rising tension.

"How could we calm down?" Youmu retorted, her stance unwavering.

"Yeah... Yeah..." Sakuya says as she takes out more knives.

Y-You know... Two versus one is really unfair!" I shouted, trying to reason with them.

But Youmu remained steadfast, swinging her sword with precision, each swing producing a barrage of bullets. Sakuya, on the other hand, stopped time momentarily, conjuring even more knives to fill the air.

"Gah!" I cried out, narrowly evading the projectiles. "What do I do?"

Suddenly, an idea struck me. I took a step back, holding up my hands in a gesture of surrender.

"Wait! I understand now!" I shouted over the chaos. "Youmu, Sakuya, please listen!"

Surprised by my sudden outburst, they momentarily paused their attacks, giving me a chance to speak.

"I... I'm sorry if my actions have upset you. I didn't realize that going out with Reisen would cause such trouble. But I assure you, it was purely innocent, just a friendly outing."

Youmu narrowed her eyes, clearly not convinced. "And why should we believe you?"

I took a deep breath, gathering my thoughts. "Because I treat Reisen as a dear friend. She's someone I care about and value in my life."

Reisen's eyes widened, and a blush spread across her face as her eyes turned a crimson red.

Sakuya lowered her knives slightly, her expression softening. "You better not be lying, Shun."

"I swear, I'm telling the truth. Reisen means a lot to me as a friend, and I would never do anything to betray that trust."

Youmu's grip on her sword loosened, and she glanced at Sakuya. After a moment of silent communication, they nodded at each other.

"Fine, we'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now," Youmu relented, sheathing her sword.

"Thank you both for understanding."

Reisen stepped forward, her gaze still locked onto me. "Shun... You really see me as a friend?" Her smile seemed to hold a mix of relief and something else that I couldn't quite place.

I nodded a warm smile on my face. "Of course, Reisen. You've been there for me, supporting and caring for me. You're a valuable friend, and I cherish our bond."

Youmu and Sakuya exchanged glances and sighed.

"Just let him be," Sakuya said, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

"Shun..."