Warm-Up After Recovery

My mental fog slowly lifted as I regained my senses. They explained the situation to me – apparently, it was all Miyoi Okunoda's doing, but the main instigators were Lady Suwako and Kanako, who had enlisted Miyoi's assistance.

Miyoi, with her ability to manipulate memories through intoxication, had crafted the elaborate illusion that had ensnared me. She could induce hallucinations, plant false memories, and erase recollections of certain events. It was a disconcerting realization, to say the least.

But why would Lady Suwako and Kanako go to such lengths? The answer to that was perplexing – they wanted to test me, to evaluate my worthiness. Once I had supposedly passed their test, their intent was to coerce me into marrying Sanae. The complexity of their plan was staggering, and it left me with a mix of emotions ranging from confusion to frustration.

Leaving Eientei behind, I was met by Miss Mokou, waiting for me just beside the door.

Will you be alright?" Lady Kaguya's voice carried concern.

Turning to her, I offered a determined nod along with a reassuring smile. "I'll be fine, Lady Kaguya. I have Miss Mokou with me."

"I see..."

With a final nod of gratitude, I spoke to Lady Kaguya. "Please convey my gratitude to Miss Eirin."

"Of course. Take care on your journey."

With her words echoing in my mind, Miss Mokou and I strolled through the serene bamboo forest. The leaves rustled in a gentle rhythm, and the natural orchestra of the woods accompanied our conversation.

As we walked, I plucked up the courage to break the silence.

"Hey, Miss Mokou."

A sly grin appeared on her face. "Just Mokou is fine. You don't need to make it sound so formal."

"Sure thing, Mokou?"

She chuckled. "Much better. So, what's on your mind?"

I hesitated a bit, choosing my words carefully. "I'm kinda curious about your relationship with Lady Kaguya."

Mokou's expression shifted for a moment before she smirked. "Kaguya, huh? Alright, shoot."

"I mean, why do you seem to have a... not-so-friendly relationship?"

A contemplative pause followed before Mokou responded. "Well, let's just say we have a bit of a history. A really, really long one."

"A long one?"

Mokou's smirk faded into a more pensive expression as she stared ahead, her eyes seeming to look through the bamboo stalks. "Yeah, you could say that. It's a story that goes way back, way before Gensokyo was what it is now."

"Would you mind sharing it?"

I shrugged slightly. "Eh, it's a pretty long tale, spans way back... probably more years than I can count."

"Yeah, that's true."

As we walked deeper into the bamboo forest, the tranquil ambiance suddenly shattered as mischievous fairies burst onto the scene, pelting us with a barrage of bullets.

I exchanged a quick glance with Mokou, our unspoken agreement evident in that single look. We both knew it was time to react.

"Sudden attack, huh? Well then, let's show them a little hospitality!" Mokou's voice was laced with a mixture of annoyance and amusement as flames erupted around her.

I chuckled. "Guess I needed a bit of a warm-up anyway. After all, once I'm back at the mansion, it's a given that Lady Flandre will want to engage in some playtime. Can't afford to be boring for her."

Mokou's lips curved into a wry smile. "True that. Lady Flandre's playmate better be up to the challenge."

Mokou and I exchanged a knowing look, wordlessly understanding each other's intentions. Without further ado, we surged forward, meeting the onslaught of the fairies head-on.

The clash was swift and fierce – fairies darting through the air, bullets zipping around us. We moved with synchronized precision, dodging the incoming projectiles while launching calculated counterattacks.

In the midst of the chaos, Mokou's flames danced like a deadly ballet, incinerating any bullets that came too close.

Meanwhile, I held my crimson-red crystal aloft, allowing a small trickle of my own blood to flow onto its surface. As the crystal absorbed the blood, it transformed into a blade of vibrant, blood-crimson energy.

I assumed a combat stance, my gaze locked on the fairies. The battle energy that had been dormant within me surged to life, ready to be unleashed.

In perfect harmony, Mokou and I charged toward the swarm of fairies, our movements fluid and coordinated.