The Chinese Gatekeeper

"Shun."

"Yes, Miss Meiling?"

"You already know what we're going to do, right?"

"Yes," I replied with determination.

She nodded and assumed a stance. "This time, I will not hold back."

I twirled my two blades and took a fighting stance, acknowledging her resolve.

We locked eyes, and then, simultaneously, charged at each other.

The bridge trembled as the shockwaves from our clash reverberated through the air.

"Ha!" Meiling executed a series of kicks, targeting my silver blade and forcing me to release it.

Then, she launched a powerful kick towards me, her attack taking on the appearance of a dragon's face.

Impressive, as always...

I quickly leaped backward, adopting a defensive stance, ready for her next move.

(Scarlet Sign: Raining Tears!)

Above, thousands of crimson spears, knives, and blades manifested in the sky, casting an ominous shadow.

They descended like a torrential downpour, speeding toward their target with menacing intent.

Meiling stood her ground, taking a deep breath, and then began a remarkable display of skill.

She systematically kicked down each of the crimson projectiles, her movements graceful and precise, even in the face of this relentless barrage.

Next, she summoned a swirling barrier of chi that resembled a whirlpool, absorbing every projectile attack with ease.

With a beckoning gesture, she signaled for me to continue the duel, her intent clear.

I couldn't help but shudder at her unwavering determination.

I decided to raise the stakes, igniting my sword with blazing red flames that mirrored Lady Remilia's.

Meiling's eyes widened, recognizing the resemblance. "Like Lady Remilia's flames... huh."

With a surge of chi, we clashed once more, each attack met with equal ferocity. It was an unyielding exchange, neither of us holding back.

A repeating cycle of assault.

Suddenly, Meiling gathered chi into her foot and delivered a powerful stomp that sent shockwaves through the ground. I struggled to maintain my balance.

"Ha!!" Meiling followed up by delivering a mighty kick that launched me into the air, her form taking on a dragon-like silhouette.

"Argh!" I grunted in pain as I was propelled backward, crashing to the ground.

But I couldn't afford to stay down. Gritting my teeth, I forced myself to my feet just in time to confront Meiling's next move.

She unleashed a semi-circle of chi projectiles in a forward beam, and I hurriedly cut them down with my crimson sword.

As I deftly cut down the projectiles, I failed to notice that Meiling had closed the distance between us, her attack already underway.

(Rainbow Sign "True Intense Rainbow Fist!!")

Chi-infused energy exploded from her fists, creating a barrage of colorful, high-velocity punches. I reacted quickly, attempting to block them with my crimson blade. However, Meiling was swift, chaining her spell card with a sweeping kick that sent me tumbling to the ground.

At that moment, I felt the intensity of her assault, like an impending storm of blows that threatened to overwhelm me. It was clear that I was on the verge of being defeated.

Then, everything froze as time itself seemed to come to a standstill.

In the frozen tableau, My crimson-blood sword blazed with newfound intensity, my very being taking on a fiery, red hue. (Blood Sword: Crimson Hellscape)

And just as swiftly as time had stopped, it resumed, but now I was in control.

With incredible speed and precision, I launched a powerful kick that sent Meiling hurtling back toward the gate.

Breathing heavily, I slowly rose to my feet, my gaze never leaving Meiling.

"Shun... What's with that..."

"Move," I replied tersely.

"I don't know why, but you're not yourself today," she muttered, concern in her voice.

"Hey..." With my enhanced agility, I reappeared before her in an instant. "No chit-chat."

(Blood Sword: "Inscribe Blood Soul")

With that, the battle came to an end as Meiling was knocked unconscious, her body bearing the wounds of our fierce clash.

But before I enter the gate. Meiling stood up, determination burning in her eyes.

"Hey... I'm still here."

"You're still standing?" I sighed, concern evident in my voice. "Meiling, don't force yourself."

Her response caught me off guard. "You've gotten a little stronger."

I blinked in confusion. "Huh? What are you talking about?"

Meiling took a stance, her chi gradually healing her wounds as they overflowed from her body.

She cupped her hands, rapidly forming a massive, seven-colored chi bullet. The speed at which it developed was nothing short of impressive.

(Star-chi "Earth Moving Star Bullet!")

With great strength, she propelled the colossal chi projectile towards me.

My crimson sword gleamed brightly as I invoked (Blood Sword: "Deep Scarlet")

With Meiling incapacitated, I cut the massive chi projectile in half, grazing her in the process. She fell to the ground, no longer obstructing my path.

However, a twinge of guilt nagged at me. I couldn't just leave her here injured.

"Tsk."

I walked over to Meiling and gently lifted her into my arms. Making my way inside the mansion, I found a secluded spot to lay her down, removing my butler suit to cover her and keep her warm.

"I'm sorry," I murmured to the unconscious Meiling. "I'll be back once everything is done."

I proceeded to the library, encountering a swarm of fairy maids along the hallway.

Thanks to my enhanced physical abilities, I dispatched them without hesitation.

Eventually, I reached the entrance to the library.

Quietly opening the door and stepped inside. Careful not to damage any books, I extinguished the flames on my sword, ensuring the safety of the valuable tomes within.

"There you are."

Patchouli looked at me, her book set aside, and her interest piqued by my altered appearance.

"Lady Patchouli."

"Shun... What's with your hair and eyes?"

"No, wait Lady Patchouli."

Hmm... Interesting. Do you mind letting me research you? No, let me research you."

"Listen to me!"

Patchouli paused, and her expression softened a bit, and sighed, "If it's about Remi... I won't tell you where she is."

"Please tell me."

She seemed to contemplate for a moment before finally agreeing, "You want to know? Then beat me."

"But... what about your asthma."

"Don't worry... But don't force yourself."

"Fufu~ Worrywart."

I took a fighting stance while Patchouli closed her book, placed it on the desk, and ascended with magic circles swirling around her.