The Closed Eyes of Love

After the battle with Momiji, I met Aki Shizuha, the goddess of autumn leaves. We're currently taking a walk, and I can't help but feel sweaty all of a sudden.

Aki pointed towards a nearby hole. "Ah, that's the entrance to the facility. It's best not to go there right now because the kappas are working on something."

"But why does it feel so hot in this area?"

"Hmm, that might be because Utsuho is nearby."

"Utsuho? Who's that?"

"Utsuho Reiuji, also known as the Hell Raven. She possesses the power of nuclear fusion and can manipulate intense heat and fire. Her presence can cause the surrounding area to become extremely hot. it's best to avoid getting too close to the Underground Geyser Center"

I suddenly had a feeling of being watched, as if someone's gaze was fixed on me from behind. I swiftly turned around, only to find no one there. It seemed like my imagination was playing tricks on me.

Aki noticed my reaction and asked, "Hm? What's wrong?"

"Hm? What's wrong?"

"It's nothing. Probably just my imagination."

"Well, Gensokyo is full of mysterious occurrences, so it's not uncommon to feel that way sometimes. Let's continue our walk."

As we continued our walk, I once again felt a gaze fixed on me, prompting me to turn around. This time, I couldn't shake off the sensation. It felt more intense and persistent.

"Miss Aki, you should go ahead."

"Eh? Are you sure?"

"Please take care of Momiji for me and tell her I'm sorry."

Aki's gaze grew stern. "...Are you planning on going into that facility?"

"No, no, I won't. I'm just going to make a detour."

"A detour?"

"Yes, so please go ahead."

"Fine, just make sure to go down the mountain safely, okay?"

"Thank you, Miss Aki."

"Hehe, no problem."

I gently laid Momiji on the ground and turned around, making my way down the mountain. I had a feeling that something awaited me.

As I continued walking down the mountain, I turned around and spoke, "You can come out now." I retrieved my blood crystal from my pocket.

A girl emerged from the shadows, wearing a yellow shirt adorned with diamond-like blue buttons and a dark green collar. Her skirt matched the shirt's green hue, featuring a subtle flowery pattern. I also noticed a closed, blue-purplish eye-like accessory.

"Hmm?~ How did you know I was here?"

"Who are you?"

"Me? Hehe! My name is Koishi! Koishi Komeiji!" She introduced herself enthusiastically, her eyes scanning me from head to toe. "I haven't seen you around here. What's your name?"

"My name is Shun, a butler of the Scarlet Devil Mansion," I said, offering a respectful bow.

"My~ How polite of you!"

"Thank you. But may I ask why were you following me?"

"Hmmm? Well, it's because I'm interested in you!" Koishi replied with a mischievous grin. "You see, I was actually planning to scare you, but then you sensed my presence, which surprised me. I must admit, I was a little irritated."

"Oh, I see. I'm sorry."

"No need to apologize. It's quite rare for someone to perceive my presence. It makes things more interesting."

"You're not going to... do what I think it is, right?"

"Hmmm?~ Well, I did say I'm interested in you... sooo..."

I sighed. "I knew it'll always end in danmaku."

"Oh, don't worry, Shun. I won't do anything too troublesome...!"

(Representation "Danmaku Paranoia!")

Koishi snapped her fingers, and a ring of purple kunai bullets materialized around me, fading in and out intermittently. Simultaneously, an array of large blue bullets in an odd fan pattern started firing toward me, their speed accelerating as the fan expanded with even more bullets in the same area.

I knew it!

As the barrage of blue bullets and surrounding kunai closed in, I swiftly reacted, using the tip of the blood crystal to make a small cut on my thumb, allowing it to bleed.

The crystal absorbed the blood, transforming into a blood-crimson sword.

I weaved through the intricate bullet patterns, executing well-timed dodges and deflections

"You're quite skilled, Shun!"

Dang it, you remind me of Lady Flandre!

I swung my blood-crimson sword, and it unleashed a series of red slash projectiles that streaked through the air toward Koishi. However, her evasive abilities proved to be exceptional as she gracefully dodged each projectile with fluid movements.

Undeterred, I conjured red knives that hovered in the air and directed them toward Koishi. The knives maintained their pursuit, closing in on her position. However, Koishi responded by producing a flurry of bullets, adding to the already chaotic dance.

"How about this!"

(Suppression "Super-Ego!")

Koishi conjures a series of circles filled with blue and cyan hearts that appear across the area. The hearts curve up and disappear, starting from the ones closest to her. Then, a barrage of blue and cyan hearts materializes from the edges, hurtling towards Koishi before vanishing.

This is getting out of hand...!

("Blood Sword: Crimson Sunder!") I slashed forward with my blood-crimson sword. The blade cuts through the air, leaving behind a trail of red energy as it cleaves forward. The ground beneath us cracks open, a long straight line glowing with an intense red hue.

Suddenly, the cracked ground explodes in a fiery eruption, releasing a wave of energy.

"Woah~ That was so loud!" Koishi exclaims, her voice filled with amusement.

"Hahh... How's that?!"

"Ahahaha~ Shun! You're interesting!"

"Thank you, Lady Koishi..."

"Hm? Lady Koishi?"

Yikes, I didn't mean to call her Lady... She just really reminds me of someone...

"Hmm~ I've made up my mind! Shun, you're coming with me!"

"Huh?!"

"Hehe! It'll be interesting! I'm sure my sister will be intrigued too!"

"...Eh?"