Back to Gensokyo

When I woke up, I found myself in a familiar room within the Scarlet Devil Mansion. I sat up, feeling sore all over, but relieved that I was back in the mansion.

Remilia was seated nearby, her wounds already healed.

"Ah, you're awake," she said with a smile. "You really put up a good fight."

I nodded weakly, still feeling the effects of the intense battle. "You were strong too."

As I looked around, I saw Reimu, Flandre, Sakuya, and Patchouli standing at the doorway, watching over me.

Flandre had a mischievous grin, Reimu looked relieved, Sakuya maintained her usual composed demeanor, and Patchouli gave me a nod of acknowledgment.

"We were worried when you passed out," Reimu said, crossing her arms. "But I guess you pushed yourself too hard."

"I'm fine, really," I assured them. "Just a bit tired."

"Next time, don't overexert yourself like that," Sakuya added, concern in her voice.

I nodded, grateful for their care. "I'll keep that in mind."

Flandre then sat next to me, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "How about we play next?~" she suggested, her playful nature shining through.

"Haha... I believe that will take... time," I replied with a chuckle, still feeling the fatigue from the previous battle.

"Speaking of time..." Patchouli walked over to me and handed me the book.

"This was the one I was reading before I got here." My eyes widened in surprise. "This book can take me back to my world!"

Patchouli nodded a small smile on her lips. "That's right. All you need to do is read page 01, and it should transport you back to your world."

"Really?!" I exclaimed, feeling a mixture of excitement and relief.

She nodded again, confirming my hopes. "Yes, really."

"Ahh... Thank goodness. I'll finally be able to return home," I said with gratitude, clutching the book tightly.

"Though," Patchouli continued, "I also realized something interesting. According to my research, this book has the potential to take you to a different world. When I tried reading the book, it didn't send me to any of the worlds I've read about. However, there is one possibility that you may only be able to travel to."

Curious, I asked, "Which world is that?"

"Yours," Patchouli replied. "Because, according to that book, it seems your spirit is the one who is traveling, not your physical body itself."

"Eh? Then how come I can feel my body, and I also have my butler attire with me?" I questioned, perplexed by the revelation.

Reimu and Patchouli exchanged glances before Reimu answered, "That's what we don't know. It's quite unusual, but it might have something to do with the unique properties of this book."

"Well, regardless, I'm grateful for the opportunity to return home," I said with a smile.

"There is also a possibility that you are the only one who can travel through different worlds," Patchouli explained. "Like I said, I tried reading the book, but it didn't take me anywhere."

She snapped her fingers, and a paper appeared in the air. She handed it to me. "Here is a list of the worlds you can travel to. I don't recommend it, though, as there's a chance you might end up in another world, or should I say Gensokyo."

"Haha... I'll keep that in mind," I replied, taking the paper and tucking it safely away.

Patchouli then turned around. "You may freely leave if you want." With that, she left the room.

"Let's play again soon, my cute butler~" Flandre chimed in, winking at me before leaving the room.

Reimu nodded at me, and then left as well.

Now, it was just me and Remilia in the room.

"Human, what is your name again?" Remilia asked.

I turned to her. "Shun."

"Fufu~ Shun... I will remember that name," she said with a smile.

She stood up and opened her palms, and to my surprise, blood started to flow out, forming an object that soon transformed into a crimson-red pocket watch.

"Take this~ Consider it a reward for defeating me."

I nodded gratefully and took the pocket watch. "Thank you, Lady Remilia."

"Don't forget us, little butler~" she teased. "I won't forgive you if you do~" With a wink, she turned and left the room.

As I sat up, clutching the pocket watch, a smile formed on my lips. "It's pretty," I thought to myself as I stood up, feeling a mix of emotions.

I opened the mysterious book to page 01, and there, I started reading the incantation once more.

"A cage, like for a bird or an insect, can't function if it's completely sealed off. Without the sun, the flowers wouldn't bloom. Without new wind and sun, Land of Illusions, return me back to my world."

As I recited the words, a warm light enveloped me, and I closed my eyes, trusting that the magic would guide me back home.

When I opened my eyes again, I found myself lying in a familiar bed, looking up at the familiar ceiling. I'm back... right?" I murmured, glancing out the window to see the sun about to rise.

"I created another incident for my mistress... I have to apologize," I thought, feeling a sense of responsibility.

s I got off the bed, I felt an object in my pocket. "Hm?" I pulled it out and looked at it. "It's the crimson pocket watch... So I get to keep things, huh."

With newfound resolve, I headed to the door, ready to face the world outside once again. "Time to return to work," I said to myself as I opened the door, stepping back into my life as a butler.