warmth. | dimitri

You had always been a person with strong opinions. From arguing with Dimitri about how the war should be fought to simply expressing distaste for something, you weren't afraid to speak your mind

Something that you hated in particular was the winter. More specifically, the cold.

Winter itself was absolutely breathtaking. The snow that rested gently against every surface it could find, gleaming with a bright white that reflected the gray daylight. It came down in small flakes, latching onto anything and everything and sucking the warmth from whatever it touched, like a greedy bastard-

Yeah, you really didn't like the cold.

You shivered and rubbed your hands together, trying to maintain some form of heat as the professor spoke to you from atop a hill. She had decided to have the class train outside today, to 'prepare for any weather condition'. While everyone else was ecstatic and warmed from the practices, you were miserable. Your throat hurt, your nose ran, your teeth chattered to their root. Frosty the Snowman had nothing on you.

You cursed them under your breath. Curse them for being able to withstand such awful temperatures. Curse you and your Alliance roots. Oh, how you wished to have been born in Faerghus just to be a little more comfortable. You wondered what your former classmates were doing- probably studying by the warmth of a fireplace. It was now that you were kind of regretting following the professor to the Blue Lions class.

That regret quickly faded, though, as a blonde prince moved to stand beside you. He smiled, warmly enough to almost break the ice chip on your shoulder. "Chilly?"

"The understatement of the year." You huffed.

Dimitri laughed. "It's not awful- I thought you would have warmed up as we trained."

"That just made it worse. My sweat is ice against my skin. I'm halfway to hypothermic and we haven't even been out here for an hour."

"Sh!" The professor snapped at you and Dimitri. He mumbled an apology while you stayed quiet, sinking into yourself even more as a breeze picked up.

Dimitri stepped behind you, placing his hands on your shoulders. "May I?" He whispered. You nodded.

His hands slid down your arms, stopping when they closed around your waist. He clasped his fingers together over your stomach, pressing his chest against your back. You leaned into him, relishing in the warmth that the prince radiated. Glancing over, you saw him looking at the professor, his cheeks flushed red from either the proximity or the windchill- you couldn't tell.

As Byleth continued her lesson, Dimitri's hands unclasped and began fiddling with the sides of your shirt. You looked at him questioningly.

"My hands need to be warmed up." He said sheepishly, laying his chin on your shoulder. You only smiled and turned back forward.

Suddenly, you shivered as ice cold gloves found their way onto your skin. You latched onto his arms, barely hissing a 'fucking hell!' before he tightened his grip even more. You slid your hands to rest on his and tugged on the gloves, asking Dimitri to just take them off. He obliged and soon the cold was replaced by the warmth of his own skin, calloused from his lance.

You spent the rest of the outside lecture in Dimitri's embrace, at least until Felix walked by, practically yelling 'get a room!'.