caterpillars. | claude

"one... last... caterpillar."

"claude? what are you doing in professor
hanneman's private quarters?" you asked the boy as he crouched down, his back facing you.

claude suddenly jerked up, hiding something behind his back. "uh- nothin', teach! you've got nothing to worry about!"

"mhm," you raised your eyebrow, "then what's behind your back?"

"my back? why, nothing- nothing's behind my back. i-i don't think i even have a back now that i think of it- ahaha.."

you put your hand out. "what do you have? im not going to yell at you."

claude sighed and handed you a jar. the lid was open, but it was filled with leaves and a few sticks. you took the jar from his hands and eyed him suspiciously.

"i was trying to play a prank. sylvain said that i wouldn't do it, so i had to prove him wrong." the riegan boy blushed slightly, rubbing the back of his head.

suddenly, the two of you heard professor hanneman's voice from the corridor entrance. claude's eyes widened and he grabbed your hand, pulling me into the crowded closet. he closed the door and you were left standing chest to chest in silent darkness.

you had to admit, the boy was attractive. his childish, yet leading personality was alluring and you couldn't help but think of him in some way. you resented it- despite being the same age, you had no idea if a relationship would be accepted, considering the two of you being a teacher and a student. plus, claude seemed really keen on hilda or lysithea. he probably liked them.

nevertheless, you enjoyed my time with the boy.

professor hanneman's yell drew you out of your daydreaming and you squeaked slightly. claude quickly covered your mouth and brought your head to his chest. his heart was beating quickly, you i brushed it off as nerves from the possibility of being caught. your heart was beating too, but it was for another reason as well.

"who? who did this?" professor hanneman cried, "it's disgusting! no noble should ever do these kinds of things-"

his voice began growing quieter as he walked out of his room, but you heard a distinct "whoever did this will be expelled!"

claude finally let go of you and you immediately wanted to crawl back into his arms. his chest heaved with laughter and he threw his head back, but hissed in pain as it hit the wall of the closet. you giggled at this and he laughed even harder.

"okay hush, hush," you said, "do you know what kind of trouble you could get into if you get caught?"

"i won't get in trouble! i made sure that the halls were completely clear the entire time, and the only witness there is won't tell- i hope." claude replied. through his words, you could tell he was smiling.

"claude, i don't know..."

"please? ill repay you!" he pleaded.

"i guess..."

"yes! thank you, teach!" claude opened the closet door and you stepped out, both of your cheeks a reddish tint. "i really owe you one. how about you meet me this evening and we'll have dinner together in the courtyard?"

you smiled and nodded.

"it's a date then." he grinned.

claude turned to go out of the room, but then stopped. he faced back towards you and walked back leaning to your height. he leaned in and pressed a quick kiss to your cheek before giddily running off.

you sighed and pressed my hand against your cheek

"it's a date."