it's you. | ignatz

Tea with Hilda was always such a treat. Except the treat is stale, hard, crumbly, intrusive, and too loud.

You loved Hilda, but only when she wasn't trying to get involved in your less-than-nonexistent love life. You liked when she finally decided to study, or help you with makeup, or literally anything other than talk about your crushes and how you inevitably will never talk to them. Ever.

But instead, you were bound to this hell as Hilda sat across from you, talking a little too loudly about your longtime crush, who happened to be sitting only a table over, having tea with Raphael. You'd only been seated for about five minutes, but it felt like hours. You were flustered, shaking, sweating, everything other than being secretive.

"Really?" Hilda squealed, "Tell me everything about it!"

You shook your head a little. "It wasn't much, really, we just sat at the Goddess Tower and painted the view. We had some tea, too."

"The Goddess Tower?! You went to the Goddess Tower with him and you still don't think he likes you back?" Hilda sighed, "You're hopeless."

"I- no I'm not!"

"Y/N, you've been in love with him since we were at the academy."

"In love with who?" Speaking of the fucking devil.

You turned around to see Ignatz and Raphael standing behind you, greeting Hilda before turning back to you. Your body immediately flushed and you could feel yourself heating up as the man you've apparently "been in love with since the academy" smiled at you.

"Oh, no one of importance," Hilda waved her hand. "She's just talking about- MMPH-"

You shot across the small table, covering her mouth before she could say anything more. Unfortunately for you, as you moved a cup of tea tipped over, spilling all over you. It wasn't hot, but it was enough to make you reel back again as it soaked through the cloth clothing.

"Oh, Goddess," You whispered, looking down at your soiled outfit.

"Oh no!" Hilda smirked, "Ignatz, can you go with her to clean her up? Raphael and I will clean up around here."

You narrowed your eyes. "You never clean-"

"Bye bye guys!" She waved you off, "Ignatz, take care of my girl.

The boy nodded. "I always will."

— — —

You sat in your dorm, changing clothes as Ignatz stood outside to give you privacy.

Your heart was pounding. You'd embarrassed yourself in front of him- he'd never want someone as clumsy as you. It just wouldn't work out. That thought made you want to cry, to you pushed it away and slapped your cheeks lightly to come back to reality.

You opened the door and Ignatz turned around, a bright smile coming onto his face. Your heart skipped another beat.

"Would you like to come inside? I've got a few snacks in here, I could give you some as an apology for causing such a mess." You laughed nervously.

"I'll come inside, but I won't take your snacks." He joined in on your laugh, not picking up on your fear. "You didn't cause a mess, Hilda was just being Hilda. It's only natural for someone to try and shut her up."

"Yeah.." You trailed off, sitting on your bed, "She's insane."

Ignatz joined you. "What was she talking about anyways? You're in love with someone?"

"I- No," You said. Ignatz quirked an eyebrow. He knew you were lying. "Well, yes, but it's fine. He doesn't feel the same and it's fine."

"Well obviously it's not fine. Who wouldn't like you?" He asked.

"No, it's nothing. What about that last battle, huh?" You asked, "Very tiring."

"Stop trying to change the subject." He grabbed your wrist, stopping your hand from tapping harshly onto your thigh out of nerves. "I can help you. You can trust me, as well."

His touch sent electricity up your arm and you looked away, trying to avoid eye contact. If he kept it up, you'd have to confess and that wouldn't go well. You keep quiet.

"Y/N."

Ugh, fuck it.

"It's you."

His grip on your wrist tightened and he tugged your am, trying to get you to look at him. You turned to face him, but still couldn't make eye contact.

Ignatz let go of your wrist, but the coldness on it was replaced with a warmth against your cheeks as he cupped your face. Your eyes still averted away from him.

"Say that again."

"What?"

"Say it again."

"It's you..?"

Ignatz all but yanked you forward, his lips colliding onto yours. You didn't know how to react at first, but slowly you closed your eyes and rested your hands on top of his and kissed back. He tilted his head to kiss you deeper and you followed, scooting towards him on the bed until he let go of your cheeks to hug your waist. Your arms wrapped around his shoulders, pulling him as close as possible.

Too soon, you pulled away. Ignatz rested his forehead against yours, noses brushing. He closed his eyes and smiled, his thumbs rubbing circles into your hips.

You knew it wasn't the time to ask, but you still needed a little clarification. "So.. you like me back?"

"... I cannot believe you."