Affectionate | Dimitri Blaiddyd

[warnings: blood mention]

"Y/N?" A soft knock on your door slightly woke you from your slumber, "Can I come in?"

You groaned and turned in your bed, keeping your eyes closed to try and stay asleep. The door opened gently and the person padded softly towards your bed, sitting on the edge of it. They scooted you over slightly and laid beside you, the chill in your body from the cold room subsiding in favor of stealing the warmth from the person beside you.

Dimitri's comforting scent flooded you as his arms wrapped around you. You turned again, facing him and burying yourself further into his chest. He pressed a soft kiss to the top of your head and rubbed circles on your hip, closing his eyes.

"What are you doing up so early?" You mumbled, "We don't have to be up for another two hours."

"I just wanted to see you," Your lover replied.

You only hummed happily and lifted your head, planting your lips on his in a kiss. He smiled. You were the first to pull away and cuddle back down into him and the bed, mumbling about how you couldn't let your two hours of sleep go to waste. Dimitri silently agreed and pressed himself into you more, falling back asleep.

Through the day, Dimitri's overly-affectionate actions continued to perplex you. You were definitely enjoying them and weren't complaining at all, but you were still wondering what his purpose was.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with just wanting to give more love one day, but you knew your blond boy too well. Something may have happened- you worried about what- but for now, you'd enjoy it. He'd tell you when he wanted to.

"Hey," Said boy came up to you once more as you were walking to dinner, "Let's get our plates and go to my room and eat together."

You shrugged, "Sure, why not. But, wouldn't we get in trouble if we're caught?"

Dimitri, smiling slyly, reached towards you and laced his fingers with yours. "We won't."

Dinner in Dimitri's dorm was sweet and quiet, like a small date. The two of you didn't get to have those often. With recent events, student activity outside of the monastery was limited, meaning no more super private dates.

You took Dimitri's plate once he finished and set it atop of yours, which was sitting on his desk. You sat next to him again on the bed and he smiled softly at you, his usually icy eyes warm with adoration. Suddenly, those eyes brightened up and he sat up straighter.

"I forgot, I got you something!" He exclaimed.

Your lover stood up and rummaged through his dresser for a few moments before pulling out a bouquet of roses. You eyed them, surprised, yet accepted them nonetheless. The deep red color reminded you of blood, but more than just blood spilled on the battlefield.

It reminded you of the blood that still resided in people. The blood that gave them the ability to live, breath, and love. Blood that kept your heart pumping full of love for the boy in front of you.

Blood red roses meant passion, devotion, adoration, love, longing, desire.

"I- uh, I also got you something else," Dimitri's gentle voice took your attention, and the box in his hand took your breath away.

He opened it up and inside sat a gorgeous silver ring, with your birthstone residing in the middle. you took the box with shaky hands.

"Dimitri..."

"I'm not asking you to marry me, yet, but this is a promise. I promise to stay by your side. And when we graduate, I promise to marry you. I have much confidence in myself, my skill, and my land, but nothing compares to the assurance that I will be even better with you by my side." He slid the ring gently onto your finger, and then intertwined his hand with yours, "So what do you say?"

"I think that your confidence is a sign that I should be confident as well. I would love to marry you in the future, my darling."

You leaned in and pressed a kiss to his lips. He returned and cupped your jaw with his hands, his calloused fingers tracing gentle lines across your skin. Your hands found their place on his shoulders and they trailed slowly to the back of his head, toying with the ends of his hair.

He pulled away and laid back onto the bed, patting his chest. You laid beside him and nestled your head into the junction of his arm and shoulder, your hand resting on his chest. his heartbeat was erratic, not showing any signs of slowing down.

"Do I make you feel nervous?" you joked.

"My love, you make me feel everything."