together. | chrom

"chrom, remember that there's prisoners here we need to free as well as fight." robin said.

chrom nodded silently and reached into his pocket. inside was a small locket in the shape of a heart. the picture inside contained his betrothed, you.

he had grown up with you since childhood and by age eight, you two were inseparable, to the point of being betrothed because you were just that meant to be. one battle, two years ago, you were taken by a dark mage and he never saw you again.

robin saw chrom with the locket in his hand and gave him a comforting look. "we'll find her. i promise."

chrom nodded and looked ahead at the enemy army, clad in red and armor. he looked back at his own troops in blue. wiping away his worry, he threw his hand up and his army charged forward.

"he'll find me! i know it-" you were cut off by a swift kick to the side.

"shut up. don't you think it's time you give up and submit to us?" the guard who was with you sneered, "you'd still make a wonderful bride for our leader."

you spat on him. he growled in anger and lifted his boot once again, slamming down on your calf. he repeated this motion until you were positive that your leg was broken and you were wailing in pain. he stepped on you one last time before opening the door.

"maybe now you'll learn." he scoffed, and closed the door.

you laid on the cold stone floor for what seemed like hours, silently crying and praying to the goddess that you would be rescued.

you opened your eyes again to the sounds of yells. swords clashing, shields bashing, and war cries echoed throughout the dungeon you were in. you scrambled up painfully and tugged on the chains keeping you bound to the wall. suddenly, the door was kicked open and your savior was standing there.

chrom.

he ran towards you and gathered you in his arms, pulling you into his chest. his armor slightly hurt you from your bruises and injuries, but you didn't care. chrom was here, in person, not just in your locket. you cried once more, but this time in happiness.

chrom shushed you gently and unlocked your chains. he tried to help you stand up, but you collapsed.

"what's wrong?" he asked.

"my- my leg, he hurt it." you rasped.

"who?"

"the guard. he stomped on it."

chrom's eyebrows furrowed and he picked you up in one arm, the other carrying his sword. he walked through the dungeon halls heroically, passing his soldiers who looked on in happiness. they all had missed you. soon, you came by robin and lissa, who both overwhelmed you in a hug. then, came a blue haired girl. she looked similar to chrom, but lissa was chrom's only sister left. you looked at her confusedly as she teared up. the last words you heard before you knocked out were from the blue haired girl.

"mom?"

——

you woke up in a soft bed, with your head pounding and your body aching. beside you was chrom, his head laying on the blankets as he slept peacefully. in the corner of the room was the younger chrom look-alike, the one who called you her mother.

she was awake, and she noticed you looking around. she stood up and walked beside you.

"i'm- i'm lucina," she said softly, "i'm your daughter."

"how?" you asked.

"i came from the future a few months ago. dad couldn't believe it either, but i'm here. and i'm so glad to meet you."

you had to admit, she had your nose. but she was nearly a spitting image of chrom as well.

in your conversation, chrom had woken up. your attention was brought away from lucina as he sat beside you in your bed. his foot accidentally brushed your leg, making you hiss slightly in pain, but it quickly subsided as his lips connected with your cheek.

he wrapped his arm around you and rubbed your shoulder lovingly. "this is your family." he smiled.

you looked at the both of them. "my family..."

lucina only giggled as she sat on the other side of you and laid her head on your shoulder. you sat in silence for a little bit, but then you spoke up again.

"you're my family. and i love you both so much."