teasing. | felix

lunch was a place of fun, food, friends, and felix.

you sat at the the table that most of the blue lions sat at, in between felix and mercedes. chatter rang throughout the dining hall, but you were only focused on the laughs and comments coming from the people in front of you.

"i didn't even think that felix was capable of love," sylvain chuckled, earning a glare from said student.

"i most certainly am. it's not my fault you're all too incompetent to know that." felix replied.

"hey!" sylvain cried, "im not incompetent."

you giggled. "well, if the shoe fits..."

the table erupted in small laughs and chuckles while sylvain pouted.

these kinds of conversations happened every day at the blue lion table, but they've become more and more frequent since you began dating felix. he was a notorious asshole, known for having nothing on his mind except fighting and beating dimitri. since your first year at garreg mach, he had calmed down from such talk, but he still continued to be prideful at times and look down on chivalry.

"so..." ingrid leaned on her hands, "have you two kissed yet?"

you immediately flushed red. "w-why are you asking that?"

"because!" she replied, "it's something we're all wondering. certainly your relationship isn't too... normal."

"as a matter of fact, we have. our relationship is perfectly fine, thank you." felix said.

he stood up sharply and returned his plate to the kitchen staff before walking out of the dining hall. you looked at your friends confusedly and they could only return your look. you stood up and waved to your friends, following felix's actions and leaving.

you looked around, but he was nowhere to be found. firstly, you walked to the training grounds. he wasn't there and catherine hadn't seen him all day. felix not being at the grounds was very strange, so you looked for him in the only other place you could think of.

"felix, darling?" you opened the door to his dorm room. he sat there on the bed, his head in his hands.

"y/n," he asked, voice still muffled, "am i enough for you?"

your eyebrows furrowed and you took a seat beside him. "of course, why would you think that?"

"i just- you heard what ingrid said. our relationship certainly couldn't be normal. everyone thinks i'm some stoic ass who only thinks about fighting and rivalry. it hurts to be thought of as 'incapable of love'."

"if you were incapable of love, then i wouldn't be here. i wouldn't be yours, i wouldn't be in love with you and you certainly wouldn't be in love with me." you brought your hands up to his wrists, pulling them off of his face.

felix stayed silent, so you continued. "i'm positive ingrid didn't mean anything in a rude way, and i know sylvain's just jealous because you got a girl before he did. it doesn't matter what others think, because you know that you're loving. you know that you care, and love, and feel things."

he finally looked into your eyes. there was a softness in his eyes. you had seen it barely once before, but now, it was breathtaking.

"thank you..." he murmured, "i couldn't ask for anyone better than you."

you smiled and pressed a chaste kiss to his lips.

"neither could i."