Watched | Hubert von Vestra

[Warnings: Slight assault]

Eyes.

There were eyes everywhere.

Something, someone, was watching. You felt it.

You craned your neck over your shoulder to look into the crowd, only to see everybody minding their own business.

Lady Edelgard had sent you along with Hubert to collect a few new weapons that had been offered as well as a bit of food to cook for those who had kitchen duty this week. You had been eager to go- you loved seeing what the foreign merchants had to offer and you got to spend time with Hubert. It was silly, really, to have such a school-girl crush on the Emperor's right hand man, but you couldn't help it. He was just too much for you.

But right now, the feeling of being watched was too much.

Apparently, your paranoia had been pretty obvious. Hubert stopped walking and turned to you, crossing his arms over his chest. "What is your issue?"

"I keep feeling like I'm being watched. It's weird..." You rubbed your hands on your arms, slightly shivering under Hubert's intense gaze.

He looked around the area. "There's nothing out of the ordinary. Now come on, we don't have time to waste."

You nodded and followed him to the next stall. As Hubert was looking at the fruits to pick the best ones, the feeling returned. You tried to keep your eyes forward, focusing on choosing the ripest apples, hoping the feeling would go away. You finished your job and paid for the fruits, finally deciding to turn around and find out where this feeling was coming from. Glancing at Hubert, you made sure he was preoccupied before slipping away into the crowd.

You looked around, people swimming around you. The marketplace was extremely crowded today and you were beginning to get overwhelmed. Everyone passed quickly, bumping into you and pushing you around as they went about their own business. Suddenly, a hand grabbed onto your wrist and dragged you out of the crowd. A hand wrapped around your mouth and another grabbed your waist as lips pressed themselves against your ear.

"Hey, gorgeous," The man's breath reeked of alcohol and shit. "I've liked you since I laid eyes on you. How about you and I get to know each other?"

"I'd rather not-" You started.

"I think we should." He started to pull you further away from the crowd.

"Where do you think you're going with her?" A low voice questioned. Your eyes shot over to see Hubert, his face looking angrier than usual.

"What do you think?" The man sneered. "We're going on a lil date, so if you'd just move out of the way, I'll be off."

Hubert's arm shot out as the man tried to walk away with you, grabbing his shoulder. He rips you from the man's grasp and pulls you into his chest, his arms locking around you. "Do not ever touch her again, lest you face the wrath of the Minister of the Imperial Household."

The man sucked his teeth, "Man, I was just playin' around."

As he turned and left, Hubert kept you in his arms. You placed your hands on his chest and looked up at him, only to find him already looking.

"Uh, thank you." You coughed out.

"Just- just don't wander off again." He looked away from you, his cheeks a slight red. "I don't want anything happening to you."

You smiled and freed yourself from his grip, choosing to link your arm with his instead. "I won't. I don't think I want to leave your side anyway."

Hubert's features softened ever-so-slightly, something he always does with you. "I don't want you to either."