competitive. | claude

50 Wordless Ways to Say I Love You (#47 & #16): Staying up all night to finish a game, Having a tickle fight until you're breathless

---

"You cheater! You're a cheater!"

"I am not! Just admit you lost!"

Screams and laughter filled the night air of Claude's room. It was late and his neighbors had already been over twice, complaining about the abundance of noise coming from the dorm. You both ignored them, continuing to yell into the dark.

It was game night for the Golden Deer house. Earlier this evening, every member had gathered in a circle on Claude's floor, playing various games. As the hours passed, more and more students yawned and headed off to bed, eventually leaving just you and Claude to play Poker long past midnight.

"I won fair and square, Y/N! You owe me a bullion and that's that." Claude was desperately defending himself against your cheating accusations. He actually hadn't cheated this time, but you knew him well enough to have a wavering trust when it came to games.

His trickster reputation can't ever be forgotten, especially after he cheated in the last round.

"No, rematch. I seriously don't believe you." You grinned. It didn't matter to you if you believed him or not, you just enjoyed bothering him.

"And I seriously didn't cheat! Give me my money!"

"No." You stuck your tongue out at him, but your playful face quickly changed to one of fear as a smirk appeared on Claude's. "What are you planning? I don't like it-"

"If you won't give me my prize, I'll just have to take it."

Claude lunges forward and you shriek, dropping your cards as he pushes you to the floor. His fingers, already lithe and nimble from archery, quickly jab into your sides and migrate from your armpits to your stomach and everywhere in between.

"Stop, stop!" You choke out, barely able to find words as you wriggle around with Claude on top of you.

"Give me my money and I'll think about it." Claude laughs.

He was enjoying this way too much- seeing your hair sprawled out around you like a halo, a smile wide on your face as you laughed louder than he'd ever heard. Every time your hands grabbed his to try and pry him off of your sides, he felt electricity run through his body. He couldn't help but feel pride at being able to make you laugh and smile so much, even if he was just tickling you.

"Okay- Okay! Fine! You win, you win!"

Claude finally let go of you, sitting up and straddling your waist. You relaxed on the floor, trying to catch your breath. Looking up, you saw Claude already staring at you. You coughed and averted your eyes, sitting up. He apologized quietly and moved off of your lap, holding his hand out.

"My money?"

"Up your ass." You teased again, making him reach forward and press two fingers into your side. You jerked harshly and practically fell into his chest to avoid another onslaught of tickles.

Claude's arms suddenly wrapped tightly around you, holding you close to his chest. Your face reddened, but you did nothing to push yourself away from him.

"What are you doing?" You asked.

"Let's just stay here for a while."

"What about your money?"

"Keep it."

"Poker?-"

"Later."