jailhouse. | hilda

"i expected better from you two," byleth scolded.

hilda kept her head down while you watched byleth. her face was red with frustration and you tried not to laugh.

pranks were certainly your thing- you and claude got along very well- and sometimes, they just go too far. to the point that even hilda finds the need to stop you.

you side-eyed the pink haired girl as she continued to stare at the floor, slightly ashamed. she hadn't done anything, no, she was trying to stop you, but byleth had walked in right in the middle of the gig, making it seem like the two of you were the culprits.

"i'm sorry professor," you hid a smile once more, "but hilda is innocent. she was trying to stop me."

"do you really think i'd believe you? detention."

——

hilda still sat quietly at her desk, head in hands. she looked around boredly as you watched her. you sat atop one of the desks, your legs swinging. suddenly, she slammed her hands on the table and looked at you.

"why do you have to do all this shit?"

"what?" you asked, surprised at the outburst.

"pranks, being mean, all of that. do you realize how worried you make me when you do something so dangerous? how scared i am that you could get hurt? or expelled?" she walked towards you, "you don't care about the people who care about you! even claude knows when to stop but you don't!"

you sat silently, looking down at her with a hard gaze. she shrunk down a little and you felt guilty, but she had yelled at you. finally, you sighed and got off the table, walking closer to her.

"yknow, i appreciate your concern," you said, "but being so loud isn't the route to go. i think we need to be a little quieter."

"what-"

hilda was cut off as you pressed your lips against hers. you felt her eyelashes against your cheeks as her eyes fluttered close and once more, you resisted the urge to smile. you laid your hands on her waist and hers tangled in your hair, deepening the kiss. this continued until you found the strength to pull away.

"so hilda, why exactly do you care about me?" you asked.

"you're smart, and- and pretty, and fun. I want to be like you, but if im like you, then I cant be with you."

you smiled and leaned in once more, looking into her eyes. "how about we get out of this jailhouse and go have some fun?"