pining after a dancer. | dimitri

It was nearly unbearable.

Dimitri could do nothing except sit and idly watch as you practiced in the courtyard. You were mesmerizing- the way your body moved to the music, the way your hair flowed and glistened in the sun as if the Goddess herself was enjoying your dancing, and the way you smiled. Oh, your smile sent Dimitri's heart into a frenzy every time. Every time one was sent his way, he'd nearly die.

Felix, on the other hand, wasn't impressed.

"You should just date her already." He said, "She obviously feels the same way."

Felix would say this every time he was dragged along to watch one of your practices. Three things he hated, all in one- Dimitri, love, and not being able to train. He truly was miserable, but Dimitri promised him sparring matches after this so he had to follow through.

"I can't. She's the embodiment of perfection. What am I compared to her?"

"The literal prince of Faerghus?"

"The answer is nothing, Felix." Dimitri sighed, "I am nothing. Not even the dust beneath her feet."

Felix snorted at that, "I bet you wish you were beneath her feet."

"Uh, no," Dimitri replied, "I wish I was dancing with her. I wish I was her companion- her dance partner for life."

Felix shrugged and cupped his hands around his mouth. Dimitri caught on quickly and tried to pull his arms down, but he was too late. "Hey, (Y/N), come here for a minute!"

You turned towards the two, slightly embarrassed at being watched, but happily walked to them nonetheless. "Good afternoon, boys!"

"Dimitri here wants to learn how to dance better. You up to teaching him?" Felix nudged Dimitri's shoulder.

You looked towards the blonde boy, whose face was a bright red. He looked mortified, and you had to hold back a giggle. "Of course!"

You reached over and grabbed Dimitri's hand, pulling him into the courtyard and not letting go of his hand. Felix watched the two of you for a minute before turning and walking towards the training grounds, shaking his head. "Dumbass."