Mine | Caspar von Bergliez

"Ugh, he's so handsome!"

"Time away from the Monastery certainly did him well."

"Doesn't he have a girlfriend?"

"Who cares, we can still admire."

Every little word made your heart clench a little more as you walked with your boyfriend through the market.

Seteth had asked the two of you to go pick up a few weapon repairs and recruit brigades for the upcoming battle. You were happy to oblige, seeing as though you rarely got time alone with Caspar anymore, but it seemed as though you weren't the only one wanting some love from your boyfriend.

Your grip on Caspar's hand tightened and he smiled on unknowingly. You could feel the stares of the girls as you came into view, their smiles turning to scowls as they saw your fingers linked with his.

You arrived at the last shop of the day. Caspar let go of your hand to pull out the list that Seteth gave the two of you and began reading supplies off the list. The shopkeeper wasn't keeping note of any of the items that Caspar listed off, instead opting to stare at him and twirl her hair flirtatiously. You rolled your eyes.

Caspar finished and the girl giggled, reaching across the counter to press a hand to his arm. "Coming right up, cutie."

As she turned, you stepped up and laid your head on Caspar's shoulder. He wrapped his arm around you and pressed a kiss to the crown of your head, his thumb rubbing circles into your arm.

"Are you okay, love?" he asked.

"Yeah," you sighed, "Just tired and ready to leave."

Caspar laughed and nodded. "Dinner and then going to bed with you sounds wonderful right now."

You smiled and cuddled closer into his side, not caring about the eyes that pierced you. You felt more at ease now- Caspar only had eyes for you, despite all the eyes that stayed trained on him. He loves you, and you couldn't ask for anyone better.

The shopkeeper finally returned and upon seeing you in Caspar's arms her smiley demeanor dropped. You pulled the money out of your pocket as your lover took the bag of supplies only to have her snatch it away from you. Caspar didn't quite notice a change in her attitude, instead checking the bag to make sure everything was present.

As you walked away, the shopkeeper's cheery voice rang out again. "Come again and see me soon, mister!"

Fuming at both the girl and at Caspar's obliviousness, you pulled him behind one of the shops in an empty spot where no one was around. You heard the bag of supplies fall to the ground as you cupped Caspar's face and kissed him.

He returned your kiss with equal fervor, deepening it and twisting his hands in your hair. You felt his tongue swipe across your lips and you opened your mouth, feeling another strong surge of love in your chest. The two of you continued kissing for a while longer before you were the one to break away, breathless.

Caspar smiled and rested his head upon yours. "What was that for, hmm?"

"I didn't like how all the girls were looking at you like some piece of meat. You're mine." You huffed.

Caspar moved and pressed a firm kiss on your forehead. "And you're mine as well. Forever and always."