bad week blues. | felix

warnings: cursing

monday

it had started when you wanted to buy a new dress from the merchant at the market. the dress was felix's favorite color and your favorite design, so it was practically made for you. you talked to the merchant about it's size and upon learning that it also fit you, you decided to get it.

you reached into your pocket to pull out your small cloth wallet, only to find the pocket empty. you patted yourself down, as one does, but it was nowhere on you. you began to panic- that was all of your money. you didn't come from a noble family, so you didn't have any to spare.

you hung your head dejectedly and apologized to the merchant before walking away to your dorm to look more.

with no luck.

tuesday

training tuesday's were something that you and felix had come up with a few months before. on tuesdays during breaks, the two of you would meet up and train with each other, focusing on your weaknesses. you specialized in lances, and you always trained with your favorite weapon, the blessed lance.

this tuesday, you had met up with felix at the training grounds. the match started off normally, with a small warm up before getting into the actual fight.  neither of you wished to hurt each other, but you also wouldn't back down, meaning you used the handle of your lance often to block attacks from felix's sword.

one particular match, a few into the training session, you held out the handle once again to block an attack, but felix's sword sliced straight through. you stopped and looked at the blessed lance, now in two pieces in your hands. you felt a bit of anger- not towards felix, but towards yourself- and placed the lance on the ground.

you hung your head dejectedly and left the training grounds, not looking back when felix called your name.

wednesday

the bell rang from the tower, waking you from your deep sleep. you yawned and stretched, getting out of bed and placing your feet onto the cold stone floor. you looked out the window to see the time, usually around 6am, to give the students two hours before the 8am bell rings for class.

but, instead of the clock hands pointing to 6, they clicked steadily past 10am. that was the bell ending the first class, so you were late! you had overslept and missed the first class

you ran frantically around the room, getting dressed and doing your routine in half the time it usually takes. you rushed back towards the closet to get your cloak, but your foot caught on the edge of your carpet and you fell forward, knocking your head on the edge of the desk.

everyone was asking about the large bump on your forehead.

thursday

"where's your homework?"

byleth's stern eyes burned holes through your skull. she stood at your desk, tapping her foot impatiently. you dug through your satchel, swearing to the goddess that you put it in there once you finished it.

"i- i think i left it in my dorm! but i did i, professor, i promise." you sighed.

byleth rolled her eyes, "y/n, today was not the day to pull this stunt. detention."

friday

"why are you being so distant?" felix stood in the doorway of your room, his arms crossed.

"what do you mean?" your head tilted.

"this whole week you've been different. you haven't talked to anyone, not even me. you're not slick with all of this, what's going on?"

"nothing," you promised, putting on a smile, "im okay."

"absolute fucking bullshit!" felix raised his voice slightly, not noticing when you flinched back. "i'm so sick of it! im supposed to be the one who you can come to for this shit. you haven't been yourself and you've been avoiding everyone, especially me. if you want me to go away so badly, then maybe i will until you figure out what the hell is wrong and fix it."

felix turned to walk out the door, but stopped when he heard soft sniffles. he looked over his shoulder to see you still sitting on your bed, your face buried in your hands. his eyebrows furrowed in worry and he closed your door and walked towards you, sitting on your bed.

"y/n? im sorry-"

suddenly, the dam flooded. you moved your hands from your face as you bawled, the tears coming faster than you could stop them. felix wrapped his arms around you and pulled you into his chest, kissing the top of your head. you gripped his shirt and continued to cry. you coughed, unable to catch your breath.

"what happened, darling?" felix asked again, softly this time.

"this w-week has been hell," you sobbed, "i lost my wallet and couldn't by the dress i wanted, my lance broke, i hurt my head, got detention, and now you hate me."

felix's heart broke. "no, no, i don't hate you," he consoled, rubbing your back, "it's okay, my love. tomorrow is saturday, so we have one more day until we can rest. stick with me all day and i'll protect you from anything bad."

you sniffed again, the tears slowly coming to a stop. you nodded and uncurled your fingers from his shirt, instead opting to return his hug. "one more day.."

felix continued to hold you for a while longer, placing soft kisses around your head and face. he laid down and placed the blankets over the two of you and you began to doze off.

"love, show me the dress you wanted tomorrow," felix whispers.

"why?" you mumble, eyes cloudy with sleepiness.

"i want to buy it for you," he replied.

"no, don't waste your money on me."

"i'm not wasting anything on you, my love. if i could, i'd buy you the world."