Cuddling Headcanons | Edelgard, Dimitri, Claude

Edelgard
- If you're looking for someone to always cuddle, Edie isn't the one to go to
- She's pretty busy most of the time, so it's not like she doesn't want to cuddle you, it's that she can't. This goes for pre and post time-skip. 
- At night, however, once she finally decides to go to bed she immediately curls against you
- She's sometimes the small spoon- it's nice to unwind and be cared for after having to stay strong for so long. You're the only person she's comfortable enough to be that vulnerable around, so take advantage of it. 
- She won't directly ask you to be the big spoon, though. It just often happens to be that way but she won't object if one day you wanna just lay your head on her chest and have her play with your hair.
- It's a win both ways in her eyes. 
- Edelgard has never been one to tell you exactly what she wants and this also pertains to cuddling.
- She'll often just wait until you have free time or if it's the need is too much to bear, she'll ask to talk to you in private and then pull you aside for a bit of lovin'.

Dimitri
- Dimitri is absolutely terrified of hurting you, so he often will avoid cuddling. Especially once he chills out again. He doesn't think he's worthy of gentleness after he's been so rough and mean.
- You'll have to be the one to initiate it 9 out of 10 times and still, he'll be really reluctant
- He's really strong, after all. He'd never forgive himself if he crushed you.
- Public cuddling never happens. Ever.
- Even if he's alone in his office working, he'd rather keep to himself at those times and you need to respect that.
- At night, however, he'll allow you to lay on his chest as he sleeps on his back. His arm stays stretched out underneath your head and he won't necessarily pull you closer to him just in case you decide to "come to your senses and leave", according to him. Not that you would ever do that.
- If he is feeling a bit more confident, he'll keep one hand on the small of your back while the other either plays with your hair or cups the back of your head, still being entirely too careful.
- But, it's a learning process for him. He wants to cuddle you, but he doesn't trust himself.
- Eventually, he might get better.
- He never ever ever will be the little spoon.
- It makes him feel too weak and vulnerable.
- He would much rather be the big spoon so that he knows he can protect you, lest anything happen.

Claude
- CLAUDE
- Claude my sweet boy
- He'd be the most open to cuddling, even if it's only by a tiny bit.
- Cuddling is rather vulnerable and it's tough for him to let someone see that side of him at first, but he gradually gets better at it. He still believes there is a time and place for affection, though.
- Like Dimitri, he'd only prefer to cuddle when it's only you two around, but he'd be more okay if you'd give him a little hug or something here and there throughout the day. Simple PDA isn't abhorrent, as long as neither of you get super distracted. 
- If he's working in his office alone, he loves it when you just straddle his lap as he sits in his chair and bury your face into his neck. 
- He gets to hold you close and more often than not you get a wonderful nap, so it's a win for you both.
- At night, he lays on his side facing you. You're facing him as well, with your head lying on his arm.
- His other arm is wrapped tightly around your waist and your legs are tangled together. Your faces are literally so close that you sometimes worry that he smells your morning breath. If he did though, you know he'd tease you so he obviously doesn't.
- Sometimes he falls asleep with his forehead pressed against yours and it's so comforting to him. He can leave little kisses on your face so easily. 
- He'd be open to being the little spoon, but not as often as Edelgard.
- You'd have to do a lot of pleading to convince him because once again, that's a very vulnerable position and requires some walls to be let down.
- Give him some time, though, and he'd be an absolute cuddle bug.