Cuddles | Ferdinand von Aegir

[warnings: suggestive comments, criminally short chapter]

"The Professor is a saint for giving us the day off," You hummed as Ferdinand untied his boots.

"I agree, she's been working us to the bone lately. I understand the need, due to the pending threats, but sometimes even beating Edelgard gets pretty old." 

You only smiled as Ferdinand flopped down on your bed, his usually perfect hair flying out of its style. You removed your shoes and cloak and walked to the bed, scooting him over before pulling the blankets down and laying inside. Ferdinand joined shortly after.

He laid on his back and held his arms out, beckoning for you to lay with him. Obliging, you nestled in his side and he wrapped you in a tight hug, kissing the top of your head.

"I'm already so sore from training, I could use a hot bath," you whined.

"I mean," Ferdinand rubbed your shoulder, "I could give you a massage while we're in that hot bath."

"Nuh-uh. Because then I'd be even more sore," you giggled, looking up at him.

Ferdinand winked and you laughed a little harder. The two of you joked around for a little longer until finally winding down. Talking was no longer necessary as weariness came over the two of you like a plush blanket.

You closed your eyes for a second before you felt yourself being pulled up. You found yourself lying on Ferdinand's chest, your legs straddling his waist. This was his favorite way to cuddle. You smiled and shook your head, laying your head in the crook of his neck and relaxing once more. Your lover's arms tighten around you again, one around your shoulders and one on your waist, his thumb occasionally circles into your skin.

Eyes were closed and kisses were stolen on necks, cheeks, foreheads, and finally lips.

Ferdinand's hand caressed your hair as you cupped his cheeks, the silent exchange of love making your hearts flutter. You broke away and looked into his eyes, seeing only love and adoration in the midst of the orange. You pressed another chaste kiss to his lips.

"I love you."

"And I love you, darling."