puppy love. | claude

"come in."

you opened the door to claude's study. he sat at his desk, pen frantically writing. he hadnt even turned around to see you.

"what a warm welcome."

the ruler suddenly whipped towards the doorway at the sound of your voice, his eyes lighting up. he jumped from his chair and rushed towards you, scooping you into his arms.

"y/n! you came to visit!"

"that i did. i would ask if you're having fun, but i see that's not quite the case with all of the work you're doing." you smiled.

"you would be correct in that assumption, my old friend," he returned the smile, still not putting you down. "almyra is such a long journey, what brings you here?"

"you do, of course. i missed you."

claude's never ending grin suddenly softened, "i missed you too. goddess, im so happy i don't want to let you go."

"then dont."

he chuckled and shifted to the green velvet couch in his study room. sitting down, he placed you in his lap, arms still secured around you. you rested your head in the crook of his neck, straddling him and inhaling the scent that you'd missed. he leaned back against the couch and drew patterns into your waist as your fingers curled around the ends of his hair.

"how's the monestary?" his voice broke the soothing silence.

"boring without you in it. professor is just quelling small rebellions here and there and classes will start back soon. after being here, i slightly don't want to go back" you joked.

"then don't." claude turned your words against you.

"claude..." you lifted your head from his neck, "i have to. professor needs me."

"but i need you more." his voice lowered and his eyes flittered to your lips for a moment.

you don't know who leaned in first, but suddenly your lips were pressed together in a frenzy of teeth and tongue. his arms wrapped around your back and pulled you into him as your fingers tangled into his hair. his tongue explored every inch of your mouth and yours did the same, wanting to savor the moment. the kiss ended all too soon as you pulled away, a small trail of saliva connecting your lips.

you were the first to break into a small giggle. "well, that was a surprise."

"well, i needed a way to outshine you after you surprised me with your visit." claude rested his forehead against yours. "you have no idea how long i've wanted to do that."

"you have no idea how long i've wanted you to do that."

"i'll keep doing it as long as you'll stay." his eyes looked into yours hopefully.

"deal."