the best. | felix

warnings: injury, slight cursing

"you should've told me that i was going too hard on you. your limits are certainly not as strong as mine yet."

"i'm fine, see!" you raised your arm in the air, waving around the loose bandages felix was working on.

"bullshit. you're fine but you're literally still crying."

you wiped your face with your free hand. "no i'm not."

the boy in front of you only smiled slightly and looked back down at your arm, continuing to bandage it as gently as he could. he winced when you flinched in pain and nothing could stop guilt from flooding his veins when blood slowly seeped through the bandages. he didn't think he had sliced you that deep, but he knew they would have to be replaced in a matter of a few hours.

"you have magic," he tried to joke, "can't you just heal it?"

"silly, i'm a gremory. im working on learning to heal- i just was so excited to do black and dark magic that i kinda neglected those studies. i can curse my arm pretty damn well, though."

you laughed at your small joke and felix's cheeks felt warmer. he pulled himself beside you next to the large tree and joined you in looking around the field. in front of you were the officers academies, where some students bustled in and out of the classrooms carrying papers. despite it being a sunday, some classes were still being held.

"it's very peaceful out today." you mused, "the weather is good napping weather as well."

felix only nodded. you eyed him for a minute before continuing. "do you like to nap?"

"i never really have. i stopped since i started using my free time to train." he responded.

"hmm. i could never train as much as you do-"

felix's eyebrows furrowed. was this a potential flaw that you had? felix has admired your determination to become a gremory, but now you're disliking practice? that wouldn't do.

"-because no matter how much i did, im sure id still be no match for you. but i can still work and try!"

nevermind. that would do. you were perfect.

felix chuckled. he shifted towards you a little closer and stretched. "you did work me out quite a bit, i will admit. i may be a bit sore tomorrow."

"you? sore?" you laughed and lifted up your arm. the blood spot was getting a little bigger now. "imagine how ill be!"

he only shook his head and without thinking, wrapped his arms around your shoulders. he pulled you into his chest gently and laid his chin on your head. you slowly eased into his arms and leaned against him.

"i'm sorry for hurting you." he murmured on the crown of your hair.

"it's okay, i just need to get stronger to be better for you."

the warmth of the sun and of felix's embrace made you drowsy and you yawned. you fought off sleep for as long as you could, but finally decided to succumb to it. maybe if you stayed asleep, then you could stay in his arms for longer. you closed your eyes and relaxed fully, beginning the best nap of your life.

felix, on the other hand, sat slightly stiff under your touch still. he hadn't napped in years, but he had never been this vulnerable nor close to someone. he would admit, he was certainly touch starved and didn't want to let go, though. he leaned down again and pressed a lingering kiss to your forehead before laying his head against the tree and closing his eyes.

hoping you were fully asleep, he opened his mouth once again. "you're already the best for me."